Waterproof trousers recommendation

ainley87simon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So autumn/winter is here, I need some new waterproof trousers, anybody have any recommendations for me? It would nice to have a pair that can be worn as just trousers as opposed to over trousers, but if that is the case something breathable would be excellent. Final point is that I don't want to be spending Galvin Green prices.

Anything out there that matches my needs?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tempting as it may be, don't go for anything too delicate. I have a set of expensive lightweight waterproof troos that I've had to patch after finding myself in some undergrowth.

I use a pair of paramo trousers (a walking brand, not golf) which are much more resiliant. They are exactly what you mention - all day kit which happens to be waterproof. I just wear them instead of normal trousers if there's any hint of rain around or if it's cold/windy. Too warm for summer golf, but that's not their purpose in life.

Alternatively, best to trot along to millets/blacks/go outdoors and get something there as golfing labels seem to carry quite a significant markup for the same sort of kit.

If you do go for overtrousers after all, make sure the zips go up far enough up to get over a set of muddy spikes.

D

Deleted member 15344

If you don't want to spend GG prices then

pro quip or FJ

But everything you want including wearing as just trousers is exactly what you get with GG

Could also try the Under Armour winter trousers

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The Benross trousers are excellent, I've never had a spit of water come through them and I just wear shorts underneath, what I like also about them is they have belt loops not a silly elastic waist and they have a zip fly, so no trousers round your ankles when your caught short :thup:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Benross trousers are excellent, I've never had a spit of water come through them and I just wear shorts underneath, what I like also about them is they have belt loops not a silly elastic waist and they have a zip fly, so no trousers round your ankles when your caught short :thup:

+1 for the Benross too

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Just bought a pair of Mizuno impermalite trousers which would seem to fit the bill. Trousers rather than over trousers and 65% off at Superjacks Golf.Havent worn them in the rain yet, but the reviews were good and water runs off very well in tests under the tap! Bargain at £35, just be warned the sizes are a bit generous so don't order anything larger than normal trouser size.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/65-O...00068&clkid=768575770676256022&_qi=RTM2108002

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Iteresting I was going to get a pair of FJ tour waterproof trousers

But going to stick with my berghaus goretex over trousers that I got from field and trek for £ 25.00 from memory a few years ago together with my goretex berghaus jacket that was £ 100.00

The golf gear specific clothing prices are well over the top

Only minor problem is that trousers have no pockets - not the end of the world is it

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Proquip tourflex are excellent and can be found at very reasonable price.

+1 here. The only reason I went away from these is that the wife was putting them through the tumble drier without me knowing and the zipper broke on them. Ended up buying some GG's instead. For the money, Pro Quips are fantastic value

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Nike stormfit would be worth a look too. Cracking waterproofs for the money.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Another one here for the Under Armour winter trousers. I picked mine up for the silly price of £16 in TK Maxx and they're great. A friend of mine has them as well and is equally happy.

I'm a big fan of ProQuip as well. I don't think you can really go wrong with them.

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I spent ages looking at all of the brands aimed at golf but ended up with some Berhaus deluge over trousers. They can be found very reasonably price at around £35 and the side zips go from ankle to hip level so great for getting them one and off even over your shoes!