waterproof socks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can’t help thinking that if the course is so wet you need waterproof socks, then maybe it is too wet to be open? 🤔
I don't go out in puddles but we are talking here about wet grass, thick or long grass in particular being an issue. Not an issue for links courses on the whole but for parkland courses the ground could be okay but the grass holding water soak your feet.

If everyone stayed on the tees, fairways and greens then it would not be an issue but in the real world....... (just seen post #20 🤭 )

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most "waterproof" golf shoes I've owned have been beaten by early morning dew on summer fairways.
I know you keep saying this but you must have been unlucky. That was my experience too, until I started paying more than 50 quid for a pair of shoes. Spend £150 on Goretex-lined Eccos, and funnily enough, they are completely waterproof. (How long for is another matter of course.. remains to be seen.)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It doesn't really matter how waterproof golf shoes are, if your trouser bottoms are getting wet because of wet grass then so are your (non-waterproof) socks. Golf boots are the answer (Stubert - cheap but (y))

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I wear sealskins and highly recommend them. Yes, they are thicker but I bought winter shoes half a size larger to accommodate them.

Funny story, played a few weeks ago after torrential rain. Was walking up to a par 3 green after looking for a PP's wayward ball and realised my watch was on the wrong hole. As i was looking down at it trying to change it, i walked straight through a puddle of water which came over the laces. My partners were pi££ing themselves but I carried on and still had dry feet after 18 holes.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought some sealskins quite a long time ago, but when they were wearing out I looked for some alternatives and saw a sale on for dexshells about four years ago - they were of questionable colours, but the price was very good, so I bought three pairs (to get free postage) and they have all been great.

I am now using them for walking our dog too as the current long wet grass is the biggest killer for 'waterproof' walking shoes and boots.