Washing golf shoes in a washing machine

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
No. Almost all of mine are leather, including some with leather soles, and I can't think of anything worse for them than submerging them in water for 90 minutes. The one synthetic pair I have specifically warns against it.

I can see you ending up with very clean shoes if you do it, as you replace them with new ones.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If they're spikeless and don't have any leather on, I would.

When I wash my trainers in the washing machine, I usually take out the insole if it's removable and take out the laces. If I'm feeling particularly thorough, I put them in a pillow case and tie it up to stop them banging about.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This is not something I would ever consider.

That said, my golf shoes never get very dirty anyway, as I clean them as soon as I get home after every round I play.

gopher99

Visit site
I have a couple pairs of the footjoy flex, and the white ones come up yellow after a few rounds in the sun. All I do is dilute some bleach with water, then scrub the shoes after that 20 mins in the washing machine on the coldest wash so not to melt the glue. They come up nice and clean.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think if the "Management" caught me putting my golf shoes in the washing machine, or golf balls in the dishwasher, id be spending the next few nights in the garage....:oops:

My "management" has confirmed that this is the correct course of action in these circumstances.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, wash all your golf shoes, trainers or the like in your washing machine. The work doing that provides me is wonderful.......

Just in case you don't grasp the nettle, washing machines are for clothes and laundry. The damage they can do can be quite alarming especially to your wallet.

Daveg99

Visit site
I’d advise not to do it. I had some of the Nike air max golf shoes and I was impressed at how waterproof they were. Then i washed them in the washing machine and lost all of that

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a pair of running trainers once that were humming, so I put them into a pillow case and lobbed them in the washing machine. When I got them out the soles were hanging off as the glue had melted. Probably shouldn't have left the drying cycle on. Won't be doing that again!

Best thing is to buy a Boot Buddy, as mentioned earlier. I have one, cleans a pair of shoes in 10 minutes, nice and easy.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do it to my trainers but then again I am not particularly worried about the adverse affects.

Why would the other half worry about using a dish washer for cleaning golf balls ( I do for my large bag of practice balls and a lot of the finders) just remember not to put in any of the old fashioned wound balata balls in they come out totally misshapen.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a pair of running trainers once that were humming, so I put them into a pillow case and lobbed them in the washing machine. When I got them out the soles were hanging off as the glue had melted. Probably shouldn't have left the drying cycle on. Won't be doing that again!

Best thing is to buy a Boot Buddy, as mentioned earlier. I have one, cleans a pair of shoes in 10 minutes, nice and easy.

The bold bit made I laugh.

eddie_1878

Visit site
I machine washed my under armour HOVRs and dried them on a radiator, in an attempt to get rid of that football boot smell.

They lost the shape and part of the inside part of the heel structure has come away so it digs into my skin, leaving my heel skinless after half a round.

Suffice to say i won’t be doing it again!