Waiting for it...........

sean1098

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quick Q here folks.

Was hitting the ball lovely yesterday. my only thought all day was to not hit the ball/wait for the hit. i felt as if i was holding back all the way in the downswing. and hey presto. Eveerything from driver to wedge great.

then today hit some terrible shots , aqll right/low.

was thinking this evening, have i got to the point where im holding back the hit to much and not releasing etc. kind of fighting it.

hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

sean.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hold back if you like but make sure you get your chest turning through the shot (and at least square at impact) otherwise you're just going to be blocking shots. Basically make sure you make a proper (aggressive) turn through the ball to a good finish.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
that explains it then . .
this is the problem I get with less than full shots.
so how do you 'encourage' yourself to make the full turn on shots that you instinctively want to play soft?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not turning properly is what happens to me if I take a full swing but try to hit softer.

I try not to hit it softer, but as aggressive as normal with a shorter backswing and follow through.

That's exactly correct to 'wait' for the hit, previous poster is also correct to say ensure you still turn (hips first then chest), it's easy to start waiting on the hit and forgetting to do the rest of the swing and you either start blocking or coming over the top and smothering shots (duck hook drives, deep divots etc)