Voluntary Termination - Car Change

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My car is due for change in April when the PCP comes to an end. The current garage (Nissan) have not managed to come up with a suitable deal to continue with them. Have come to a good deal elsewhere and have been suggested to do a Voluntary Termination in order to get the deal through in March before the vehicle licence changes. Has anyone ever done this? I'm way over the 50% mark - will be 3 months short of term. i've been informed that it is recorded on a credit score but doesn't affect it. Nissan have also started on about excess mileage - the car hasn't exceeded the limit I signed for, but does in their prorata calculations, and any damage outside normal wear an tear. There are some scuff marks on the alloys after 3 years, but no real definition anywhere as to what normal wear and tear is.

Obviously like to move to the new car sooner than later, but just a little nervous on early termination. Having said that, I can see the same issues coming up in 3 months time when I decide to move on anyways.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these sitiuations?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
'Driver abuse' and excess miles are often a scam. Just make sure you take a stack of photos (speedo, upholstery etc e.g. inside and out) the day you hand it back as its a favourite way to 'up-sell' repair.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I terminated my pcp deal 18 months into a 4 year deal and paid out £4K as the car just didn't suit our plans for long weekends away with 2 lots of clubs and baggage.

also got hit for scuffed tyres and a tiny mark on the paint work.

check out the bvrla website as that gives more info on what is deemed fair wear and tear