Virgin to O2 mobile switch

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Virgin are dumping all their mobile customer over to O2. Both the wife and I are / were with virgin but now are 02 customers. That would be ok as they've given us a big hike in data, but, yup, but, it rubbish coverage. The wife has no ability to use WhatsApp when out and mine is sporadic. Were down to one bar in places where we had full 12 gold bars, sorry just had to do that. I though O2 were good? Anyhoo, where do we go to from here? Any help would be appreciated

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It all depends on coverage in your area, why oh why didn't the govt force providers to share mast coverage? Vodafone is useless near me, it might be brilliant near you. You really need local advice on this one.

D-S

Visit site
If you had Virgin mobile (which we did) coverage on O2 is identical as they used the O2 network - this is exactly what we have found, plus the deal was the same price with marginally better terms.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My wife and I have both been switched from Virgin to O2. My data allowance has gone from 2Gb to 10Gb and my wife's from 3Gb to 20GB, all for the same price so no complaints so far.

Reactions: D-S
D

Deleted member 15344

Virgin Media and O2 have become a joint venture which is why Virgin Mobile users are moving to O2 and VM have been using O2 network for a while - should be no different in terms of signal strength

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Since the O2 mast in our village was maintained a few weeks ago - any of us on O2 fail to get a signal !

Great service

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours has dropped from excellent to shockingly poor. And yes I know it's the same network. The O2 shops are less that useless. They know about the problem but not the solution. "ring customer service". Lost me a fiver on a bet with the wife. Grrrrrrr