Vintage / Old School Meet - Tuesday 28th Sept

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A small vintage/old school clubs meet has been arranged for Tuesday 28th September at Tadmarton Heath GC.

Currently there are four of us and space for four more.
You can bring your own vintage clubs or borrow a set.
First come first served, but please only put your name down if you're sure you can make it as drop-outs might upset the host club.

Tee time is 2.00 pm.
Great course and fun to be had by all. :)

Names:
  1. Harpo_72
  2. Voyager EMH
  3. Bigfoot
  4. Crow

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I would be happy to lend this set of Slazenger JN 2000 (circa 1974) to any forumer who might wish to give it a go. Woods 1,2,3,4 and irons 3-SW.

JN 2000.jpg

The irons that I will be using are older and more "used" condition - Dunlop Peter Thomson Mark 5 (circa 1967)

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Well, it appears we have one vintage golf nutter devotee from Enville. I would love a vintage game round the Highgate next year.
Not too far south, I hope?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
No takers yet?

This isn't a serious game, just a chance to try some old clubs and see how easy they are to hit.

Is all the hype that manufacturers and golfers alike put out there true, that blades are for elite ball strikers only?

Voyager EMH

Visit site
OK so if the JN 2000 set above doesn't grab you, you may borrow these irons (Maxfli Australian Blade)

SDC11287.JPG

...with these woods (Confidence, made in California. One-piece soleplate and face insert, so you strike the ball with metal) circa 1980 like the irons.

SDC11280.JPGSDC11281.JPG

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Hi Nick, I am interested but dont want to unbalance your numbers. If you get a few more I would be up for it and baggsies on those slazengers!

That's great Charlie, I'm sure we'll get at least one more to make two three balls minimum so I'll add your name to the list!
  1. Harpo_72
  2. Voyager EMH
  3. Bigfoot
  4. Crow
  5. Hooker
Any more takers?
Any Tony Jacklin fans wanting to play a round with these beauties?

1631308978600.png

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Hi Nick, I am interested but dont want to unbalance your numbers. If you get a few more I would be up for it and baggsies on those slazengers!
They are my first purchase this year. I was looking for something as close as possible to my first full-size clubs which were my dad's 1970 Slazenger Ambassadors.
These have really good grips on them. First come first served. Good choice. Well done.
JN 2000 grips.jpg

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have they changed the par 3 hole over the trout hatchery? I've not been there in years and I didnt recognise it from the photos. It used to be really narrow and scary, or is my memory playing tricks?
Is the par 3 up towards the buildings ?
If so they have a seating area overlooking and you will be applauded for your efforts and sympathetic ooos if you miss ? … but remember to shout fore if you pull it !!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It looks like lots of trees have been removed, I remember it being quite tight. Shame the game is in my last working week or I would have gone.
They have removed a lot of trees and gorse .. for example 14 which is the short par 4 you would hit through a very narrow gap and over thick gorse. They have removed all of that and it’s a bit less intimidating. However they have put 2 new bunkers in the left side and the grass is 1/2- 1 ft long with 2-3foot of 2nd cut before the fairway.. it’s still tight and you will definitely get a tough shot out if your lucky enough to find it ..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Any more takers for this?

Currently we're 5 so one more would make two three balls.

Guaranteed enjoyment, free loan of vintage clubs if you don't have your own.