Old School Meet 2018

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's my bag sorted.

• Titleist Tour Model persimmon driver
  • Arnold Palmer by Uniroyal laminated 3 & 4 woods
  • Slazenger Plus International 3 to PW, I've been bursting to hit these since I bought them back in October.
  • Halley Pinmaster sand iron
  • Wilson Staff 8813 putter

And the promised glorious weather looks like it might actually materialise!

View attachment 24762

Even the brolly looks vintage:)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was good fun. The scoring was indifferent, putting & driving were hard, but I’m in love with those irons. Even the 3 iron that had given me miners white finger :eek:
Cheers Nick for organising

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Lovely day for it. Hope it went better than our final, we lost by 1 hole.

Unlucky Nick, but well done to get to the last hole of the competition!

We had an all round excellent day, apart from my golf which can only be described as abysmal, and that's not including the usual shanks and poor chipping which were also there in force.

There were four of us in the end, therod, Bigfoot, forum guest Christian and me, thanks chaps for making the effort to travel there.

Course was in good condition apart from a few GUR areas where they've been making course improvements.

We played a 4BBB match, therod & Christian vs Bigfoot & me, Bigfoot kept us in there for as long as he could but with no help from me we lost on I think the 14th hole.

Individually Christian won with 32 points, Nick second on 29 and Mark third on 27.

I was so disappointed with my golf that I nipped in to my own course for 9 holes to try and kid myself that I could hit a golf ball, after a few holes I think I worked out where I'd been going wrong (or one of the many areas) in that I'd not been setting my wrists on the backswing.

(For those who feel that they must know I came last with 7 out, 7 back for 14 points! :eek:)