Vilamoura - Portugal

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just back from a weeks golf with my uncle in the Algarve-was a present from him- and i wish i was still there, we were at the holiday resort of vilamoura which is really nice, played the oceanico courses the Millenium ,twice and pinhal,they were amazing to play on, we were supposed to play the laguna also but it was closed.oh and the weather was great 20-26 degrees every day
it was a great experience and hope to do it again someday
Anyone been to Vilamoura?What did you think of it?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vilamoura Old Course has to be one of my Favourite courses along with San Lorenzo.
We used to go to the Algarve every February, but unfortunately the weather there at that time of the year could not be guaranteed. Laterly we've gone to Tenerife.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was in Vilamoura a few years ago, played Millenium, Old Course and laguna---Old course is superb.

Was not impressed with Laguna, enjoyed Millenium.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
A colleague of mine has gone to Vilamoura for a week every year for the last 5 years or so, the same group of 16 go each year. They play ; The Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna, Millenium and Victoria. He has nothing but good things to say about the trip.

I'm trying to persuade my neighbours to join the Mrs and myself for a weekend there this year. The girls can sun bathe by the pool, whilst the neighbour and I have a knock. They've almost agreed to it. (fingers crossed)

Visit site
3 weeks today I will be going on a stag week when I am best man, never been golfing in Portugal before. We are staying in Albufeira and playing Morgado and Alamos although not to the standards of the courses mentioned in this post I am sure they will be just fine for 8 guys with hangovers !!!

Alex_narey

GM Staff
Visit site
Hi everyone,

While on a short break in Portugal last week, I had the pleasure of playing the Old Course at Vilamoura for the first time. Have to say I was pretty blown away by its condition. Having played PGA Catalunya last year, I found Vilamoura's layout an even tougher test. We'd welcome your thoughts on any of your favourite tracks on the continent. With the summer fast approaching, there should be plenty from our European Top 20 on your wish lists!

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/tours-and-...lf-courses.html

Cheers
Alex

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
3 weeks today I will be going on a stag week when I am best man, never been golfing in Portugal before. We are staying in Albufeira and playing Morgado and Alamos although not to the standards of the courses mentioned in this post I am sure they will be just fine for 8 guys with hangovers !!!

Played both last October, Morgado IMHO is a great course, no tricks its all in front of you.
Alamos is on the same estate as Morgado but a different test of golf, Alamos is more shorter but no less a challenge.

Enjoy the trip.