Video your swing - seeing is believing.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bored last night so nonchalantly suggested to the fairer half that I might pop up to the driving range to hit some balls. Crumbs ... she came with me! Should I have said I was going to the pub!?

However, not wanting to miss the opportunity I popped the camera in the bag and since I hadn't really seen my swing for a while I asked if she could take a video of the swing. Spotted a couple of things my pro had mentioned in previous lessons and went out and shot another 73 today, my second in a fortnight. If only it were that easy every time.

Needless to say, when I showed my young lady the footage of her own swing all she noticed was the size of her arse! What can you do? .....She's off to buy some black jeans tomorrow and the fridge is full of lettuce today!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
V.funny John. Enjoy the lettuce !!

I had a video lesson two weeks ago and it's amazing how things creep into the swing. I'm thinking of going once a month now for an "MOT" just to make sure everything is working.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Howdy - been on a few trips and been missing the banter! Videoing your swing is what it's all about - although watching can be painful! If you are prepared for the worse - i was big time - then it can still be a gd surprise though!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Video sessions can be brutal.
Acknowledging swing and set-up faults is one thing. It's the realisation that you're no longer the slim, svelte figure that you have always believed yourself to be (though in my case never was!).

B

birdieman

When I tried it a couple of winters back the 'down the line' view was like looking at Hal Sutton, the gut was spilling over the jeans big style. It did inspire me to get some exercise though!
As for the swing, disappointed with how much my left elbow broke and too long a backswing; that is now cured because of the video evidence.
Would recommend it.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was away for a few days golf last week with some mates and took some video while I was there.

One of my friends, who plays off 7, was simply shocked to see his swing for the first time. He had thought it was a thing of beauty, which unfortunately would be a slight exaggeration. Maybe explained why he played so poorly those few days. He has immediately vowed to get some lessons!

I've always thought that if your swing looks good then you're doing things right. Failing that, at least you have less to correct.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am scared to see my swing incase I have to start from square one. I would have to re-mortgage the house and sell all of my little darlings toys simply to chase a dream. I will stay blind to the fact that I probably look like a nutter swatting a wasp with a golf club and keep telling myself that my timing is a thing of such beauty that an orchestra should be accompanying me round the course.

peteward15

Club Champion
www.lupee.co.uk
I daren't video my swing. I know for a fact that my overswing makes John Daly look like he is swinging in a telephone box. There are some things in life you just don't NEED to see!

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
John - your fair lady has my sympathy. My swing might be a lot better, but I find it easier to avoid the camera and keep eating the chocolate.

aliB

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I was young one of my pals had an overswing so severe that one day he hit himself on the left knee on the backswing and fell over in a heap! No joke. We are still laughing about it 25 years later.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I use my fuji s9500 to video my swing when Im on the practice area of our course, Ive taken snapshots of several swings from different occasions with a med iron and I was quite surprised to find that my hands/club/body was in the same place (exactly) each and every time. The only down side was my feet are always aiming me a little to the right.