Vice Balls

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought I'd have a look at the promo, did the ball selector and i''s come back saying I should use the Pro. For £18 a box with the promo, the only other options are the AD333 tour or some of the 2 piece soft balls. I guess it's worth it, but committing to 6 dozen...?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought I'd have a look at the promo, did the ball selector and i''s come back saying I should use the Pro. For £18 a box with the promo, the only other options are the AD333 tour or some of the 2 piece soft balls. I guess it's worth it, but committing to 6 dozen...?
I was going to say... most of us are happy to try new things but having to order this many just to make it worthwhile is a bit prohibitive.

Jon_T

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have been using the Pro plus since last summer and played the tour through winter. The Pro plus is in a different league to the tour. The Pro plus is easily a match to other premium balls I've played. The tour was an OK winter ball but felt too hard for my liking in summer. I have just placed my order for 6 dozen Pro plus even with two dozen still left from my last order. At £18 a dozen delivered it's a no brainer to me. A 4 piece premium ball at mid level prices.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I picked up 15 balls in Portugal off a man hiding in a bush (no joke). It was a mix of Pro and Pro Plus for 10 euro so thought why not. I have been using them for a few practice rounds and have to say I don't notice much difference compared to the ProV1. I do find the Pro Plus to have a slightly better feel for me. They do discolour very quickly which may put some people off but I didn't really mind. It was mentioned by my PP's though that they went very dull.

I have 3 boxes of prov1's in the house which I bought with my 2's money when I moved club so I won't be buying any but I would recommend them as an alternative. £18 per dozen is a bargain compared to prov1 prices but the buying is bulk is an issue for me. What put me off before was the lack of stock they had last year. Although I believe this has been sorted now. I didn't want to commit to a ball and then not be able to get any when I needed them. I guess that is another benefit to the other brands but if you organise yourself well enough it is avoidable.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I haven't tried vice balls, but one the lads I play on Saturdays with has, he quite liked them, but I just did there ball selector, and it came back at 2.49 per ball if I buy 60, so 30 quid a box, I have priced the tour ad 333 ball and its 20 quid a dozen, having played the srixon ball, and knowing I like it, 10 quid a box cheaper is a no brainer for me. i have 5 doz TP5X balls left in the cupboard at the minute to get through across the year, but while the srixons are 20 quid I think ill get some in prep for winter/next year!

£2.49 or €2.49? I just tried the ball recommender and the price came up in Euros.

I've tried them and like them as a ball but don't like the discolouration. Site recommended me the Pro, but interestingly the ball I used to shoot my best competitive round for a while was the Drive; yes, the cheap 2 piece offering. Food for thought.......

Jon_T

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't notice much discolouration that people mention. The odd yellow mark maybe but nothing out the ordinary. Changing bags last week and pulled a Pro plus out I had played a full 18 with the week before and apart from the odd scuff, the colour was the same as the new ones.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried it from home BIM and it came up the cheaper price, the work pc often has me in France 😳😳 so the 2.49 was euros, oops! Still, I’ll go with what I know.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I don't notice much discolouration that people mention. The odd yellow mark maybe but nothing out the ordinary. Changing bags last week and pulled a Pro plus out I had played a full 18 with the week before and apart from the odd scuff, the colour was the same as the new ones.
The Pro Plus definitely discolour but you only notice when you compare it with other balls, it's totally unimportant to me. When our fourball throw the balls up to choose partners I often get remarks like "why don't you use a white one" No doubt about the discoloration.