Very proud dad thread

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With all the kicks he’s taken over the last few months I’m well proud that my lad had a 15minute mix of music he’s produced played on BBC Sheffield Introducing last night...maybe he’ll start making some money out of it...would be nice. But hey - meanwhile more ‘fame’ than I have ever achieved.

I posted a link to it under the ‘what are you listening to’ thread if anyone fancies a little bop around the room to some rather cool EDM ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very proud of nipper... Just heard the news that he cleared his U-11 County Cricket Assessment so will continue his winter training with the county.

I remember him being disappointed when he did not make the U9. He had never played a left arm fast bowler over the wicket using a hard ball before that day. Was gutted. We came back and he went straight to the hanging ball in the garden. Asked for some hard balls. When he was assessed for U10, he flew thru it. This year was different. Very little cricket. But he managed 15 wickets and score 185 runs in 10 innings this year. He moved to a new club this year.. He kept a log of his games which makes interesting reading. As a batsman, he started at the new club playing 6 or 7th man. Then was given an opportunity to open when the regular opener was not around. Never played another slot since. ... Roll on 2021 Cricket

1602757195438.png

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My 5yr old has been at a StageCoach camp all week, yesterday they did their performance - there were certainly no issues hearing her during her speaking part, and when it came to the dancing she danced off her spot right to centre stage without a care in the world!

5hours later she was at home making up her own dance routines!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our daughter just being our daughter - doing the supportive stuff helping her mum cope with some difficult family issues. We'd always hope children would turn out so - but it doesn't always work out that way.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm super proud of my 3 year old

Settled into pre school no problem when her friends struggled at first

Loves it.. full of life

Hard to be proud of the twins yet.. maybe I'm proud when they sleep between feeds or don't puke up? Aha

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My two boys often get dragged along to craft fairs with Mrs Colch as part of her work when I'm away offshore. Younger Colch Jnr (8 years old) asked if he could make and sell his own products at the fairs so he can make his own money. He decided to make fridge magnets, so I gave him the stake money to buy what he needed to get started (which he will be paying back) and he has been busy making them and taking photos to try to sell them and has put together his own business page on Facebook. Someone shared his page in Plymouth today and he now thinks he's famous.

As an update to this, after starting his business just before lockdown last year my younger boy didn't sell many magnets during his first 18 months but decided that he wasn't going to make much money selling magnets for £1 each and wanted to add another product so has started making clocks. Again I gave him the money to get what he needed to get started and he is using his mum's fabric to cover pieces of MDF and then adding the clock mechanism and hands. I'm having to help by getting the MDF cut to size and drilling the holes in the middle but he's doing everything else himself. He's had a few sales to family and friends but has now displayed them at mum's last two craft fayres. At the first one he sold 4 and has sold another 3 today with another day tomorrow to see if more sell. This is the sort of thing he's been making.......

IMG_20210908_153643718.jpg P1110184.JPG

P1110185.JPG P1110189.JPG

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@ColchesterFC I'll have a clock. Pm the PayPal details and I'll fire it across ?

Cheers Stu. If you have a look at The Crazy Little Crafter on Facebook you'll be able to see all of his clocks he's made so far to choose which one you want, or can pick one from the pics I posted. I haven't got PayPal, but Mrs Colch does so will send over the details when she gets home from her event tomorrow evening. (y)

D

Deleted member 1740

Cheers Stu. If you have a look at The Crazy Little Crafter on Facebook you'll be able to see all of his clocks he's made so far to choose which one you want, or can pick one from the pics I posted. I haven't got PayPal, but Mrs Colch does so will send over the details when she gets home from her event tomorrow evening. (y)

Ah OK I'm not on m Facebook, I'll get mein fuhrer to do it ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah OK I'm not on m Facebook, I'll get mein fuhrer to do it ?

I could make you a custom designed one if you like Stu. Something with the below fabric maybe....

76b454_56d159f8900b4913898c1d2589846b9f~mv2.webp

;):eek::D:p:cool:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am indeed a proud Dad but I'm also now a very proud Grandad. I have four wonderful grandsons, three live in the USA and are growing up into lovely boys, the other my youngest who is eight is in the UK and didn't have a great start due to a very rare brain condition that has put him on the Autistic Spectrum. He is a beautiful boy both inside and out and even though he has some learning difficulties he has some really good attributes, he has an amazing memory and has started to show some skills in music, he has perfect pitch and has started to play the piano, he's not had any lessons yet but has started playing by ear. He gets a tune he likes in his head and will start to pick it out on the keys and can now play using both hands. They brought some different instruments to his school and after being shown how to use the mouthpiece he worked out how to play a tune on the French Horn.

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As an update to this, after starting his business just before lockdown last year my younger boy didn't sell many magnets during his first 18 months but decided that he wasn't going to make much money selling magnets for £1 each and wanted to add another product so has started making clocks. Again I gave him the money to get what he needed to get started and he is using his mum's fabric to cover pieces of MDF and then adding the clock mechanism and hands. I'm having to help by getting the MDF cut to size and drilling the holes in the middle but he's doing everything else himself. He's had a few sales to family and friends but has now displayed them at mum's last two craft fayres. At the first one he sold 4 and has sold another 3 today with another day tomorrow to see if more sell. This is the sort of thing he's been making.......

View attachment 38873View attachment 38874

View attachment 38875View attachment 38876

Another update to this. Last weekend at the Sandringham Food, Craft and Wood festival my younger boy sold 7 of his clocks and 36 magnets over the two days making him £106 - the first time he's made over £100 at a single event. As a result he's managed to pay back the final installment of the £280 we lent him to get his business started in September last year as well as ordering more stock for the next few events and leaving him some cash spare for anything else he might need to buy. He was so excited that now all of the profits are his to keep and he can spend it on whatever he wants. Up to now we've told him that he can't buy anything not related to his business until he'd finished paying back what he owed us.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another update to this. Last weekend at the Sandringham Food, Craft and Wood festival my younger boy sold 7 of his clocks and 36 magnets over the two days making him £106 - the first time he's made over £100 at a single event. As a result he's managed to pay back the final installment of the £280 we lent him to get his business started in September last year as well as ordering more stock for the next few events and leaving him some cash spare for anything else he might need to buy. He was so excited that now all of the profits are his to keep and he can spend it on whatever he wants. Up to now we've told him that he can't buy anything not related to his business until he'd finished paying back what he owed us.
You've got a kid that pays back loans. Wow!