Vandalism to one of Scotland's best.

User20204

Visit site
I'm hearing an altercation between a member and a dog walker is a possible line of enquiry!

That's serious criminal damage that, and clearly not random which is likely to give motive and should make it easier for the police to investigate. If if was a dog walker, he better hope he's disposed of the spade.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
i think there are a couple of CCTV camra around and about, The level crossing had one i think?

Walk in along the beach from either end, you can come in from the woods at the end of the 3rd hole. Cut across from Dundonald or Brassie. Loads of ways in or out.

I agree with incognito, it'll be very hard to prove anything.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Walk in along the beach from either end, you can come in from the woods at the end of the 3rd hole. Cut across from Dundonald or Brassie. Loads of ways in or out.

I agree with incognito, it'll be very hard to prove anything.
true esp if it someone who is close enough to be walking their dog on the course

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Recently vandalism at Bothwell a number of their greens were destroyed. I believe the official party line is that it was wanton vandalism however whispers that it was a disgruntled ex employee. If someone is destroying a green they know they are causing maximum damage

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Sad to read this but let's be honest western gailes is far from one of Scotland's best, it's not even close to be being ayrshire's best. I dont know how it makes golf monthly's top 100. That aside it's a shocking thing for someone to do.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sad to read this but let's be honest western gailes is far from one of Scotland's best, it's not even close to be being ayrshire's best. I dont know how it makes golf monthly's top 100. That aside it's a shocking thing for someone to do.

It's a better track than Prestwick by along way in my opinion.

We all have opinions on what is better but I think Western is a very good track.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a better track than Prestwick by along way in my opinion.

We all have opinions on what is better but I think Western is a very good track.
Prestwick isnt great either I dont think but it has history, western gailes has some extraordinarily ordinarily poor holes on it. It has a reputation built on exclusivity more than actual pedigree, much like pollok golf club in the Southside of Glasgow.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Prestwick isnt great either I dont think but it has history, western gailes has some extraordinarily ordinarily poor holes on it. It has a reputation built on exclusivity more than actual pedigree, much like pollok golf club in the Southside of Glasgow.

Again I prefer Pollok to Haggs, it's a bit on the short side but I enjoy it. I actually think Paisley is one of the most underrated courses in Renfrewshire/Soth side of Glasgow.

I always enjoy Western as I said and would accept the back 9 isn't as good especially the bottom end.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Again I prefer Pollok to Haggs, it's a bit on the short side but I enjoy it. I actually think Paisley is one of the most underrated courses in Renfrewshire/Soth side of Glasgow.

I always enjoy Western as I said and would accept the back 9 isn't as good especially the bottom end.
I'd agree paisley is a greatly underrated course, best moorland course this side of the clyde for sure. Pollok is short and very dull IMO, wouldn't knock back a game at western as I like to play golf but alot of the holes are very ordinary and there are much better courses within the immediate area, you are a member of one I believe.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd agree paisley is a greatly underrated course, best moorland course this side of the clyde for sure. Pollok is short and very dull IMO, wouldn't knock back a game at western as I like to play golf but alot of the holes are very ordinary and there are much better courses within the immediate area, you are a member of one I believe.

I possibly may be. Depends where you are referring to.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
....and put his windows out and more
And this sorts it does it ? I sympathize and it is a terrible , mindless thing to do, but if its been done once over an argument, winding the dog walker up will
escalate this surely ? Indeed if it was him at all that is .
I hope the staff can start to repair the damage sufficiently for the course to get back to making at least some level of play possible.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
And this sorts it does it ? I sympathize and it is a terrible , mindless thing to do, but if its been done once over an argument, winding the dog walker up will
escalate this surely ? Indeed if it was him at all that is .
I hope the staff can start to repair the damage sufficiently for the course to get back to making at least some level of play possible.
Agreed, you can't take vigilante action on people just on supposition. It's a police job but to be honest unless they have positive proof it's hard to see what can be done. Golf courses are prone to things like this sadly as they are unlit, wide open and have little or no camera coverage.
It's shocking someone feels the need to do this but unfortunately this is just one bit of the mindless violence that mankind has experienced since time immemorial.