Vandalism to one of Scotland's best.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Western Gailes was subject to an act of mindless vandalism by absolute morons on Tuesday night.

1st, 5th, 6th, 7th greens and the chipping green all attacked with a spade or similar. Very sad to see and hear about.

Recovery is going to be the issue here with no growth between now and April.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
why would someone do that??? show the level society has fallen when this mindless vandalism happens

can't see how many greens were done, its not the easiest place to get to so must have premeditated?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feel sorry for the members. Will make a big dent in winter visitor income too. Hopefully the green staff can get creative and make something of a playable green on those holes while they recover.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My old club Baildon had its signature hole the Par 3 2nd - which is a fantastic hole vandalised recently. Looks like someone has gone on the green on a quad and cut it up!!

D

Deleted member 16999

Disgraceful, but in all honesty to only attack Greens isn’t mindless imo, that’s targeted and by someone who knew how to cause maximum disruption.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
why would someone do that??? show the level society has fallen when this mindless vandalism happens

can't see how many greens were done, its not the easiest place to get to so must have premeditated?

I'd tend to agree with that. Which actually makes it even worse than mindless vandalism.

Got to be properly not wired correctly to take a spade out in the middle of the night and shovel clumps of turf out of 5 separate areas of a golf course.

You have to wonder who's world is small and narrow enough to think this is a worthwhile endeavour.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An axe so great they’re willing to take it out on the entire the membership.

Why do these people never entertain that they are the problem? Oh no it’s these 600 people, and everyone I ever worked with, and the neighbours, and...

D

Deleted member 18588

Truly depressing and impossible for me to comprehend.

We had a somewhat similar experience. General consensus, based upon overheard comments etc; was that it was a disgruntled ex-employee but it couldn't be proved.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Such a shame, it's got to be someone with a grudge, I do hope they catch the culprit, i think its the lonely wife's club that wants their husbands back lol
I was hoping to play it aswel might get a big discount now

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mindless
But what will happen to the idiot(s) if caught..?
4/5ths of bugger all probably.
A fine and a slap on the wrist.....:rolleyes: