V Easy Chipping Aid review / Advice

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Final question about the technique chip putt

As its a shoulder rock that is the basis for chipping, what is the realistic max distance you can fly a ball say using a PW with this method, i suspect maybe only 30 to 35 ft as after that you need wrist hinge on the back swing as per mini pitch shot , Bob please advise ?

I would say less, 10 to 15 feet maximum but if I wanted to hit it further, I would just change clubs.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ok i think i grasp the technique, its more for greenside chipping where a delicat short chip with accuracy is needed

Bob if you then play a chip shot further back say 25 ft with a bunker in front and 6ft to the pin how would you play that please

Would you use wrist hinge ie a mini swing like a mini pitch shot ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you look at the video I posted at no. 4 on this thread you will see how the V-Easy is best used. The shot you're talking about is completely different, more a flop shot than a chip.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well, the V-Easy holds the wrists firmly in place so you have to just rock the shoulders and the putter swings with them.
Is that what you mean?

Yep. At least for putting.

Pendulum action 'driven' by the shoulders - not by the putter.

Hips, legs, head and thorax stay still - without tension.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I do believe that with any golf shot rotation of the wrists is a complete no go.

Please define 'rotation of the wrists'. Pretty sure wrist has only miniscule abiity to 'rotate' - just backwards/forwards, up/down and combinations. It's the lower forearm (Radius&Ulna) that 'rotates' (pronates/supinates) - taking the wrist & hand with it/them.

Last edited:

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only received mine about a week ago practised with it all week for chipping and putting its great for getting distance right. I have not played to my handicap in ages been gross 90s and then Friday I played on a course I have played only once before and scored 79! it was so noticeable that my putting had turned into a stroke not a hit even if the put wasn't holed it was dead weight on all short and long puts.

Give it ago a its been a life saver so far :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I only received mine about a week ago practised with it all week for chipping and putting its great for getting distance right. I have not played to my handicap in ages been gross 90s and then Friday I played on a course I have played only once before and scored 79! it was so noticeable that my putting had turned into a stroke not a hit even if the put wasn't holed it was dead weight on all short and long puts.

Give it a go, its been a life saver so far :)

I'm pleased it's helping :thup:

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bob as i have complete faith in your short game skills, how about posting a video showing

The long chip or min pitch shot

Not so much a flop shot but a longer chip over obstacles say 20 to 30 foot out

If i have mastered this correctly the longer shot must have lower body movement in the follow through and maybe a little wrist hinge in the back swing.

Thanks in advance

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
This you mean ?

[video=youtube;8rOklcLVF_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOklcLVF_E&list=UUFeb2vdftHQESr49G8ZorhQ& index=10&feature=plcp[/video]

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This you mean ?

[video=youtube;8rOklcLVF_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOklcLVF_E&list=UUFeb2vdftHQESr49G8ZorhQ& index=10&feature=plcp[/video]

Exactly that

Please can you help confirm the best and safest method, like yours in the video

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Please define 'rotation of the wrists'. Pretty sure wrist has only miniscule abiity to 'rotate' - just backwards/forwards, up/down and combinations. It's the lower forearm (Radius&Ulna) that 'rotates' (pronates/supinates) - taking the wrist & hand with it/them.

I mean that the wrists should stay square to the swing plane and only cock up and down. No turning over of the wrists.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Exactly that

Please can you help confirm the best and safest method, like yours in the video

Here's what I do

• Feet close together 2 in

• Ball in line with back foot
  • hands and weight forward
  • hold the club at the bottom of the grip
  • stance a touch open
  • pick the club up quite steeply and hit down on the ball taking a small divot
  • vary the length of backswing and follow through for different distances
  • let the lower half move in reaction to the upper body
Other experts will be along soon to tell you I'm wrong but hay ho, that's what works for me and the people I teach

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I mean that the wrists should stay square to the swing plane and only cock up and down. No turning over of the wrists.

So this is wrong then? (2nd pic)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://dpxmag.com/Packages/backups/rory-mcilroy-golf-grips-i0.jpg&imgrefurl=http://dpxmag.com/Packages/backups/rory-mcilroy-golf-grips&h=336&w=629&sz=21&tbnid=ZNp0xNN_wuwAjM:&tbnh=64&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__6TGVXVgf8BRPqDfWQbzqEqr69A4=&docid=5oWcpHTR-Lr3SM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RpryT5P9JejZ0QXWn5WwCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFEQ9QEwAw&dur=18

A
s is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVW8DBHWXv8

Donald actually looks like he starts to roll his right forearm over his left a very tiny bit before he actually hits the ball!

And Bubba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1kvH1SDn3I

Has a huge amount of 'wrist action' starting way before he hits the ball (though indeed square at impact).

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Maybe this deserves a seperate thread guys?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Here's what I do
  • Feet close together 2 in
  • Ball in line with back foot
  • hands and weight forward
  • hold the club at the bottom of the grip
  • stance a touch open
  • pick the club up quite steeply and hit down on the ball taking a small divot
  • vary the length of backswing and follow through for different distances
  • let the lower half move in reaction to the upper body
Other experts will be along soon to tell you I'm wrong but hay ho, that's what works for me and the people I teach

Thanks Bob i ill try that, its very much how i already do it apart from the steep pickup and small divot from hitting down !