Ust Mamiya swing fit?

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just after a little advice please.

I'm on a budget at the minute and was after checking that my driver and/or shaft was working for me. I'm using Nikes stock shafts and I'm getting absolutely no control or consistency over drives. I've had several range sessions concentrating on setup, backswing, swing path etc using several of bobs YouTube drills among other and I cannot understand the erratic long wood.

Following a quick chat with one of the lads in the pro shop at the driving range and told him the average distance of a drive (straight, slice and pull) and mid-high trajectory. he said to ditch the stock shafts in favour of a slightly heavier mid trajectory shaft such as the 74g proforce vts. With this in mind I looking I checked out the UST website and found the swing-fit system. I put my figures in and low and behold the proforce vts 74g come out as the result

Has anybody used this system successfully? Given the result could anyone recommend an alternative.

Looking at the stats, would it be a case of matching the figures from other manufacturers.

Cheers, Kev

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just after a little advice please.

I'm on a budget at the minute and was after checking that my driver and/or shaft was working for me. I'm using Nikes stock shafts and I'm getting absolutely no control or consistency over drives. I've had several range sessions concentrating on setup, backswing, swing path etc using several of bobs YouTube drills among other and I cannot understand the erratic long wood.

Following a quick chat with one of the lads in the pro shop at the driving range and told him the average distance of a drive (straight, slice and pull) and mid-high trajectory. he said to ditch the stock shafts in favour of a slightly heavier mid trajectory shaft such as the 74g proforce vts. With this in mind I looking I checked out the UST website and found the swing-fit system. I put my figures in and low and behold the proforce vts 74g come out as the result

Has anybody used this system successfully? Given the result could anyone recommend an alternative.

Looking at the stats, would it be a case of matching the figures from other manufacturers.

Cheers, Kev

I have fiddled around with the UST system, and I think it is probably a reasonable starting point. The VTS is a good shaft and fits the bill of a mid trajectory heavier one, so worth a go. You might have trouble finding that shaft in a demo club, though.

A better plan might be to suspend assumptions about what is needed and try and get a decent custom fit, either with the brand of your choice (for example, Titleist!!) or an independent who deals with a number of brands. There may be other ways to tackle the dispersion problem than going with a heavier one. Stiffer, for example, but you would need to go on a launch monitor to have that sorted.

Last edited: