Usernames

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this has been done before, certainly dont remember it and can't find it on a search, so here it goes.

Whats the storey behind your username?

Obv mine is very boring and self explanitory but are some unusual ones on here. I often wonder how people came up with them.

I remember backwoodsman explaning his during the ryder cup but cant remember what it was, Always in the woods I think!

Anyway, feel free to explain.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It has been done before Tony, but it's probably time for a rerun with all the new members now.

Atticus Finch is a character in the book (Gregory Peck in the film) "To Kill A Mockingbird" A book I happened to be reading at the time I joined the forum.

The author describes him thus..."A man of absolute integrity with as much good will and good humor as he is just and humane."He is described as having "Christ-like goodness and wisdom.

I wish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atticus_Finch

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Shortened version of my first name (Brendan)
Ever since my first internet outings back when netscape navigator was more popular than internet explorer ive used this username.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was originally nicknamed the walking one iron at my first club (Wimbledon Common) as I was incredibly thin as a youngster. Been known as Homer for years now. Came about down the village pub when I inadvertantly went Doh during a game of darts when I missed my shot at the double.

It stuck from that night on and it is unusual for any of the regulars to actually call me by my first name. My darts shirt has a picture of Homer on with "Plough & Harrow Warfield" underneath and looks the mutts nutts.

It is so commonly used that when a new member of the darts team started it took him about 6 weeks and him having to ask me for him to find out my real name.

The funny thing is although my regular golfing partners all call me Homer and the pro knows I've got that monicker it hasn't made the crossover to the golf club. I think that is because the majority of the members (even the wind up merchants and jokers) all refer to each other by their first names or derivatives of said name.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Paul bit is obvious but the Nomad pre-fix comes from 2003 when i woke up one morning and just thought " Sod this for a game of soldiers !!! " . Within 4 weeks , i'd packed in my job , sold my house and 3 months later i packeda rucksack and went backpacking round the world for 12 months. I was 36 at the time so it was no post-uni kind of stunt .
Always had itchy feet and don't like to be tied down !!!

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Obvious with the Russ part and the big comes would you believe from the fact that i am........ yes you guessed it, BIG. At 6' 10" and around 22stone there isnt much else i can say or you can call me. Its a name that has followed me for as long as i can remember.(Also some others that i wont share with you).

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having read the above,mine is a bit soft.

They mis spelt the name on my MY-Joys and left the "H" out of Nicho.

Been known as ,The Nico or previously Perfect Pete for about ten years now. "Perfect" transferred from members of my society who also joined my club when it opened but is used less now than Nico.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
no story behind mine I just decided on it as my username for a golf forum as I have never got an eagle but would sincerely like one. I have come as close as hitting the pin with my third to a par 5 but nothing more than that. I wanted something different and more exciting than just my name as well. Simple really.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some good stuff there guys, feel like I know you lot better already!

Nico, I was known through out school by this nickname but I always spelt it NICKO, No idea why, except i think it looked better.

When I leftr school I wanted to leave my badboy/class clown/one night stand image behind so i insisted on my friends and family (yes even my mum called me nicko at times) calling me Tony. Was really wierd at first and no one could do it but I stopped answering toit and they got the picture. Still cringe when I see old school friends and they call me it. Only people who still use it and it doesnt seem wierd with is all the lads at football.

My Username for every other forum/website/email I have is actually tony007fcuk. first name obv, second bit, also obv in fact i loved james bond and actually wanted to join mi5 or 6 when I went in marines and fcuk because it looks like a swear word but is not detected by the forum police. And at 13, this was cool, so it always stuck!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine is shortened,
Add ilante and there you have it, originates from a number of incidents from my past that I am not too proud of now but felt necessary at the time. But I quite like the shortened version.

AKA Big Dave at work as there is also a plain Dave and diddy Dave

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very boring, htl is my initials, I also sign my name htl at work as I have to sign of every paper I mark + use to have htl 12 on my rugby boots.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Keyser Soze is the mysterious crime lord in the film The Usaul Suspects. If you havn't seen it I highly recommend

...yes but there IS no Keyser Soze (couldn't resist it)

(cracking film I agree)

Mine is simple. It's 'im in the middle innit (aka Billy F Gibbons):-

http://www.swampland.com/img/Image/articles/zztop/zztopgroupb&w2.jpg

Guitar hero, musicologist, comedian and above all entertainer.

If I could sling an axe even a tenth as good as The Rev. i'd die a happy man.

Surfs up!

BillyG

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine is pretty boring GB are my initials and I was born in 1972. Would prefer just GB as a user name but that is generally used up well before I join anything.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I was a kid, my Grandpa called me Andra and my mates tried to rip the preverbial out of me due to this so I gave the biggest one some soft ribs one afternoon and the started calling me Mad Andra (I think it was mt last fight ...17 years old)