Used an old, hardly used 5 wood tonight

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
And it was a dream. I usually always go for my driver off the tee and in my quest to break 100 I've decided not to use it for my next round and try a 4 or 5 iron off the tee

I went to the range tonight and brought my irons along with my Callaway v series 5 iron and v series heavenwood...I got them years ago and only ever used them when a driver duffed and I tried a hail Mary from the grass...it never worked

But even at that I try them once every 2 or 3 rounds so I've not had a lot of practice with them..but when I slow my swing down I'm making great contact with both of them off the tee and off the Matt, going in at around 150-179 roughly which is perfect for a controlled driver replacement.

Let's hope it stays as consistent in the next round!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And it was a dream. I usually always go for my driver off the tee and in my quest to break 100 I've decided not to use it for my next round and try a 4 or 5 iron off the tee

I went to the range tonight and brought my irons along with my Callaway v series 5 iron and v series heavenwood...I got them years ago and only ever used them when a driver duffed and I tried a hail Mary from the grass...it never worked

But even at that I try them once every 2 or 3 rounds so I've not had a lot of practice with them..but when I slow my swing down I'm making great contact with both of them off the tee and off the Matt, going in at around 150-179 roughly which is perfect for a controlled driver replacement.

Let's hope it stays as consistent in the next round!

All about doing whatever you need to get it in play when you are starting out. A lot easier if you playing from where the mower goes. I still think if you aim for level 5's (18 x 5 = 90) it'll take some pressure off. Enjoy hitting it well off the tee

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
All about doing whatever you need to get it in play when you are starting out. A lot easier if you playing from where the mower goes. I still think if you aim for level 5's (18 x 5 = 90) it'll take some pressure off. Enjoy hitting it well off the tee
Cheers, weirdly my short game and putting was alright in my last round, I just couldn't hit a single thing off the tee (including irons). Nearly every second shot was from just beyond the tee box as id fluffed it up. Needed to see good contact tonight for my own confidence and it came with the 5 wood

jamiet7682

Visit site
I havent hit my driver in last 4 rounds and havent lost a single ball. 19 degree hybrid gets me about 200 yards up the airway and can hit it straight 80% of the time.
Wont be touching the driver until i can hit it consistantly straight and over 220 yards.

Diamond

Visit site
I have had problems driving for the last 2 weeks. I have gone from a big high handsome slice to a straighter but more inconsistent drive that can be straight but also be a pull (with or without hook). I have also introduced the duff drive where it can go anywhere and I am now a 29 from a 28 handicap after 5 comps.
After looking at a few tips on you tube last night I decided to go the range and change my grip. 1 driver (x Hot 2) and 50 range balls. Well all I can say is 40 balls were good, 3 sliced and about 4 were duffs. All I did was try and have both v’s of both hands pointing to my right shoulder. Aftr 1 drive that didn’t feel right so I moved my right hand more round to the side Of the shaft so it was in between by standard grip and maybe a baseballs grip. I then aimed right in my head and bingo. 180-200 yard carry about 30 times and 150 yard carry 10 times. I just hope I can replicate it tomorrow on the course!