US Open

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have to admit I’m not Matt’s biggest fan, but that was some final round. 2 things stand out for me, the obvious one being the bunker shot on the 18th. Under so much pressure, that was awesome. The second thing being how he kept his head when he missed the shortish par putt after WZ holed a birdie putt and went 2 clear. Plenty of players would’ve either lost their heads or gone after it too much, and ended up making mistakes. Instead, Matt kept his head, bided his time and took his chances, a really gritty and mature performance. Well done pal.

As for the tournament, that’s the best 4 days of golf I’ve watched in a long time. Entertaining, interesting, shocking at times, but overall thoroughly enjoyable.

4LEX

Visit site
Met him in my hotel gym in Dubai years ago when he won the Tour Championship and didn't even realise he was a professional golfer at the time! He looked like a 14 year old on holiday with his parents. Always been a keen fan ever since and he is just a brilliant golfer and an even better bloke. Buzzing for him even though it's cost me a big win on Scottie!

Get in Matt (y):cool:

sunshine

Visit site
Congratulations to the winner of the US Open Billy Foster.

I was watching on sky and I’m sure he was interviewed before Fitzpatrick.

D

Deleted member 3432

Superb performance from Matt Fitzpatrick.

Great tournament that tested all elements of the player's game, far more exciting than run of the mill birdie fest Tour events.