US Masters 2024

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loads of interest for me as I'm pitching for 3 of them to be in the top 6 for a decent each way return. A few good bets increases interest no end. SS has done me well his last few events.
Still fell asleep & missed the final 45mins..haha
However am still betting with the 'lucky' money I got from SkyBet when Whitley Bay won the Vase in 2002. Now a Pot of £420!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the key statement was "chances decreasing each year"

No. The statement was

"You'd think with all the billions wasted on LIV one of the goafers would be able to win a major!"

Hence why brooks winning last year has already proven that happened.

Yes chances will drop year on year as less are involved but the fact it's happened mean it doesn't need to happen again to prove that statement wrong

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Let’s be honest, the top players from across the board failed to show up to challenge Scottie. It was an easy victory in the end for a player who is deservedly number 1.

Bryson got jittery, and couldn’t control it, but the players from LIV who you’d expect to be there, namely Rahm and Brooks were poor. Same can be said for Rory, Wyndham and Harman etc.

It’ll probably be remembered as the last major that Tiger managed to complete.

Swango1980

Visit site
4 LIV players in the top 12. Strong showing.
I'm not sure it was a strong showing at all, but their positioning proves nothing either way.

Bryson did well early on and was the only real standout player from LIV, but he faded by the end.

Reed, Hatton and Smith finished in decent positions, but difficult to use that as demonstration of strength from the tour they play, as they never really managed to get in a position where they could be in contention, barely saw them play except Hatton. And Hatton has only been at LIV 5 minutes, so I wouldn't expect his ability to change too much, for better or worse, after leaving PGAT.

Very disappointing for Rahm and Koepka, whilst I'm unsure how much success in the future players like Watson and DJ will have. I suppose Watson is closer to 50 than 40, so probably to be expected. But DJ isn't quite 40 yet. Maybe it was just a bad 2 days at the office, but I always get the impression DJ isn't really bothered. He is already living the dream.

Visit site
Nearest LIV player 9 shots off Scottie
Top 5 all from PGA Tour
Most in form LIV player (Niemann) 15 shots back

Considering LIV paid £1bn to poach the big names like Smith, BDC, Rahm - I expect Greg was a little upset last night.

Strong showing

Attachments

• IMG_4513.jpeg
    IMG_4513.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 6

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One thing I hate about the tour divide is people trying to turn the majors into LIV vs PGA every time. It's the Masters, it's not a team event - if LIV has shown us anything it's that people don't really care about team events. 😂 Who cares where LIV players finished against PGA players, just celebrate the fact we got to see them playing together again for once.

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
What on earth was going on with Scheffeler’s ball in 15th bunker? First camera showed it plugged. 2nd showed it nowhere near the pitch mark. Ok so deceptive camera angles. Then Butch says and I quote “when we saw the shot the camera went off of it after it plugged then went away and didn’t show it coming out”. Did a gopher pop up and head it away? 🤣

Swango1980

Visit site
What on earth was going on with Scheffeler’s ball in 15th bunker? First camera showed it plugged. 2nd showed it nowhere near the pitch mark. Ok so deceptive camera angles. Then Butch says and I quote “when we saw the shot the camera went off of it after it plugged then went away and didn’t show it coming out”. Did a gopher pop up and head it away? 🤣
I'd love to know that as well. That was one of the mystery's. Similar to when it was highlighted Fitzpatrick used a large poker chip marker for a shortish putt, to mark ball to side. Then replaced ball in front of marker. But, nothing was ever said or came of it.

I can only imagine the cameras at Augusta National play tricks with your eyes. Schefflers ball looked buried in that bunker, and they certainly had the camera on it for a prolonged period of time to avoid any doubt. Then by the time he was in the bunker, the ball was sitting beautifully, and nowhere near the plug mark

Visit site

A fair bit about this on social media as well. Although I have to say, I didn’t think it looked that bad initially. The most probable explanation was that the initial camera angle was not actually showing his ball at all?

Also that he dug his feet in to the sand and then didn’t play the shot, walked away and then returned.

Allegedly that 2nd shot into the 15th is not available on the app to rewatch.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
One thing I hate about the tour divide is people trying to turn the majors into LIV vs PGA every time. It's the Masters, it's not a team event - if LIV has shown us anything it's that people don't really care about team events. 😂 Who cares where LIV players finished against PGA players, just celebrate the fact we got to see them playing together again for once.

Think it just showed to me that the top elite level of golf really isn’t big enough to justify two different tours, both products are devalued.

Visit site
I'd love to know that as well. That was one of the mystery's. Similar to when it was highlighted Fitzpatrick used a large poker chip marker for a shortish putt, to mark ball to side. Then replaced ball in front of marker. But, nothing was ever said or came of it.

I can only imagine the cameras at Augusta National play tricks with your eyes. Schefflers ball looked buried in that bunker, and they certainly had the camera on it for a prolonged period of time to avoid any doubt. Then by the time he was in the bunker, the ball was sitting beautifully, and nowhere near the plug mark

You don’t like to see it. In fact, the pros aren’t very good at marking their ball at all - I saw someone mark their ball and it looked like they left a good inch between the marker and ball (although if they then replaced the ball right in front of the marker, that’d be disadvantaging themself!)

Swango1980

Visit site
I’d imagine bunkers are self-regenerating at augusta and he just hadn’t hit it time before the sand restored itself, prob just a faulty timer
Or, alternatively....

Scheffler is such a good ball striker that he managed to put so much spin on the ball. When we saw the ball go in the bunker initially, and the camera focused on it for 20-30 seconds, if you could look closely maybe it was spinning like Sonic the Hedgehog. Then after they stopped showing it, it zipped out of its plug mark and ended up 6 inches away.