US Masters 2024

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Given his talent? You just said he is a poor wedge player and average putter.

He must be the best the world had ever seen in every other aspect of the game if you think he is talented enough to have massively overachieved :)
I said he’s massively underachieved.
It’s true Augusta just beats him up most times.
Anyway this has been covered so many times,I will stick to my judgment.

Swango1980

Visit site
Look at the other major winners and see how long their winning spans are. Most don’t go long between no’1 and their last.
Most don’t get 4.

Rory has had a massively successful career. Compare him to his peers. He is up there with the best ever.
Was thinking about that.

McIlroy had a strong period at start of his career. For a period of 2-3 years, players like Spieth, Thomas, DJ and Koepka looked really strong in Majors. At moment it is Scheffler.

McIlroy will be disappointed he hasn't won more. But, in fairness, he had usually always been in the conversation as one of the contenders up to now, while others have had periods of fading away.

Fair play to his consistency in staying at a high level, but crossing the line again will be tricky. But, if he does, maybe he'll get another 1 or 2 after that when confidence is high.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was thinking about that.

McIlroy had a strong period at start of his career. For a period of 2-3 years, players like Spieth, Thomas, DJ and Koepka looked really strong in Majors. At moment it is Scheffler.

McIlroy will be disappointed he hasn't won more. But, in fairness, he had usually always been in the conversation as one of the contenders up to now, while others have had periods of fading away.

Fair play to his consistency in staying at a high level, but crossing the line again will be tricky. But, if he does, maybe he'll get another 1 or 2 after that when confidence is high.

It's like he's trying to win for the first time again which always seems harder than adding a few when you've already won.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Look at the other major winners and see how long their winning spans are. Most don’t go long between no’1 and their last.
Most don’t get 4.

Rory has had a massively successful career. Compare him to his peers. He is up there with the best ever.
seriously why do Rory fan boys get so defensive towards him?

He burst on the scene,won 4 majors,has had a fantastic career.

But not won a major since he was 23/24?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've often thought a caddy change might help Rory, doesn't seem like Harry offers any advice on anything, nor does he ask him. But apparently he's one of the most diligent in the game 🤷🏾‍♂️

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I've often thought a caddy change might help Rory, doesn't seem like Harry offers any advice on anything, nor does he ask him. But apparently he's one of the most diligent in the game 🤷🏾‍♂️
I feel like his caddie has been questioned all his career.
I’m not buying it tbh.