US Masters 2024

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He looks to be sliding away from his prime years, when he should really be hitting a sweet spot at 34 years old.
Sweet spot, like all sports is 25-32. He is past his prime. Many of the top multi major winners : Watson, Palmer, Jones, Nelson, Ballesteros, Trevino, were done in majors at 32/33.
Mc will quite likely pick up a late one. He is that good. But the last 7 years were the prime.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Not as dominating as he should be with his talent

Could go 10 years without a major whilst in that period someone has come and beaten his total major count.

He's a good golfer but he hasn't dominated the majors like it looked like he would.
Historically not many have.
Jack & Tiger being the only 2 I can think of that have.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Massively underachieved considering his talent.
I’ve always said it that he will never win at Augusta purely because his putting is nowhere near good enough on these greens.
Underachieved?
He’s won far more than most of his contemporaries. Koepka has done well in Majors but not much else,
No other players of the 2010’s has 4 majors and multiple tour victories.

I think some over criticise McIlroy. Tiger isn’t someone to compare others against.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve always said it that he will never win at Augusta purely because his putting is nowhere near good enough on these greens.
More that his distance and spin control with irons isnt precise enough to put it on the right shelf and side of some of these flags I think. Wrong place on the green here, and putting just wont rescue you.

Swango1980

Visit site
Given his talent? You just said he is a poor wedge player and average putter.

He must be the best the world had ever seen in every other aspect of the game if you think he is talented enough to have massively overachieved :)

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Hasn’t been able to get over the line in majors for knocking on a decade 🤷‍♂️
Look at the other major winners and see how long their winning spans are. Most don’t go long between no’1 and their last.
Most don’t get 4.

Rory has had a massively successful career. Compare him to his peers. He is up there with the best ever.