US Masters 2024

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rory's -1 doesn't look anything special but I think it's a decent round. Hasn't opened well at Augusta with a while. Playing with Scottie when he's scoring well can't be easy, think Rory stayed patient and didn't try to force anything to try catch Scottie. Tomorrow obviously will be important if he can push himself into top 10

Great round from Willett considering how little competitive golf he has played

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Listening to Scottie's post round media circus (gawd as journalists they really do struggle to come up with pertinent/engaging questions, are they really that poor or might they be walking on eggshells because of where they are/fear of getting kicked out?)

Anyway, one decent question had Scottie revealing he hit 8Iron on all four par 3's ! Hang on a mo, the good ppl of this forum are always saying a 'good' course will have a mix of par 3's/diff lengths etc etc

How poor is Augusta when they're just hitting 8I all day :p

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Listening to Scottie's post round media circus (gawd as journalists they really do struggle to come up with pertinent/engaging questions, are they really that poor or might they be walking on eggshells because of where they are/fear of getting kicked out?)

Anyway, one decent question had Scottie revealing he hit 8Iron on all four par 3's ! Hang on a mo, the good ppl of this forum are always saying a 'good' course will have a mix of par 3's/diff lengths etc etc

The par 3s are all different lengths 🤷🏼‍♂️

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site

The wind my boy, the wind.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Your name is on a blacklist now. Security would turn you back at the gates of Magnolia Lane.

I'll not sleep now ;) That reminds me of another Masters irritation... the repeated Q's to pro's,

Repeated Q: what would a 15/18 handicap golfer shoot round here?
Typical A: Oh they wouldn't break 100/110/120 etc

Correct A: doesn't matter, they wouldn't get near the place to find out :D

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll not sleep now ;) That reminds me of another Masters irritation... the repeated Q's to pro's,

Repeated Q: what would a 15/18 handicap golfer shoot round here?
Typical A: Oh they wouldn't break 100/110/120 etc

Correct A: doesn't matter, they wouldn't get near the place to find out :D

I dunno.. shiels got a round there and people on here think he's about a 15 handicapper

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I had a dream last night where I interviewed Bryson DeChambeau.
It went like this.

Me: Well Bryson, not a very good display of golfing skills today.

Bryson: Eh?

Me: There was that three-putt at the 9th where that first putt was utterly hopeless.

Bryson: Well, I could have…

Me: Never mind, lets not dwell on that dreadful error. Lets talk about your two drives on the 13th and 15th that both finished a long way into the trees. You are famous for your driving, but these were both very bad shots and you found the fairway bunker on the 18th. Was your game falling apart over the closing holes?

Bryson: I was trying to…

Me: It doesn’t matter what you were trying to do. Its only what you did do that counts.
At the 14th you had a simple straight putt for a birdie and you left it 10 inches short. Schoolboy error we call that in Britain.
It wasn’t all total rubbish, however. Nice shot on the 16th and a good birdie. But the putt was one that even I could have holed one-handed. So no big deal.

Bryson: Gee thanks – I think.

Me: Well, I won’t take up much more of your time as I’m sure you’ve got a lot to think about and to work on to improve on today’s quite poor performance.
May I say that although the golf wasn’t particularly good today, I think this is perhaps your best ever post-round interview.

Bryson: You’re welcome.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It went like this.

Me: There was that three-putt at the 9th where that first putt was utterly hopeless.

Me: Never mind, lets not dwell on that dreadful error. Lets talk about your two drives on the 13th and 15th that both finished a long way into the trees. You are famous for your driving, but these were both very bad shots and you found the fairway bunker on the 18th. Was your game falling apart over the closing holes?

Me: It doesn’t matter what you were trying to do. Its only what you did do that counts.
At the 14th you had a simple straight putt for a birdie and you left it 10 inches short. Schoolboy error we call that in Britain.
It wasn’t all total rubbish, however. Nice shot on the 16th and a good birdie. But the putt was one that even I could have holed one-handed. So no big deal.

Me: Well, I won’t take up much more of your time as I’m sure you’ve got a lot to think about and to work on to improve on today’s quite poor performance.
May I say that although the golf wasn’t particularly good today, I think this is perhaps your best ever post-round interview.

make it happen!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think some of the GM boys have played it on the Monday after. I am sure current editor Neil Tappen has
I think after every big tournament there is a ballot for the press people to play the course before it gets dismantled and returned to the club, whichever club that is. I'm sure I've heard of this on the radio before.

Swango1980

Visit site
It went like this.

Are you Piers Morgan?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What the hell has Jason Day got on? They look like baggy waterproof trousers from the 90’s.
Hasn't he got a new clothing deal with some firm, Malbon ? Do you remember when Justin Rose did something similar a few years ago? Went with an American company that no one else knew. The shirts were terrible, completely wrong on staid old Justin, didn't last long.