US Masters 2024

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Golf club will have it on. Why not set up camp in the bar for 4 days - probably cheaper to eat and drink there while watching the golf than it is to pay for a Sky sports package. :ROFLMAO:
How cheap is food and drink at your club?

£35 wouldn’t see the first day out.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
But you'd be eating food anyway, so you only need to count the difference in cost between the golf club food and what you would normally eat from elsewhere. :)
True, but I could eat like a king for a week at home for the cost of a few pints and a meal every day at the club.

sunshine

Visit site
£8 for a burger and chips x 4
Tap water is free
£3.00 for half a moretti to celebrate a LIV clean sweep on the Sunday night. :ROFLMAO:

Bring in your own sandwiches and a thermos of tea. Water is free.

Only question though: is your clubhouse open till 11pm? And later if there's a play off?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
He mentioned dodgy streams so I assume only looking at 'legitimate' platforms.
I want to play by the rules but £35 for a few hours each evening across 4 days, just seems ridiculous to me. Unless they come out with a special offer, I'll be going down the dodgy stream route.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Golf club will have it on. Why not set up camp in the bar for 4 days - probably cheaper to eat and drink there while watching the golf than it is to pay for a Sky sports package. :ROFLMAO:

Our club made a big song and dance about being able to watch the Masters there last year... and then tried to kick everyone out at 10pm 😂.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Our club made a big song and dance about being able to watch the Masters there last year... and then tried to kick everyone out at 10pm 😂.

We used to have "The Willow Valley Masters" the same weekend - course was set up incredibly tough, shotgun start, everyone back to the clubhouse after to watch the golf - Sadly the changing seasons mean it's just not viable to try and run a major club comp this early in the year.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I want to play by the rules but £35 for a few hours each evening across 4 days, just seems ridiculous to me. Unless they come out with a special offer, I'll be going down the dodgy stream route.
Apparently £50 gets you everything for the year,PPV events,all the sports channels & movies ☺️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night with the name Aberg on my mind. Wasn't sure if he was a golfer or some random fottballer Newcastle might have been linked with on a rumour site, but just checked Betfair and apparently he is, so threw a couple of quid at him at 25-1.

Got to lose my winnings from betting on Everton the other night somehow.

Best check the Grand National runners as well to see if there is an Aberg there!!!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
People are talking about how to watch the masters. My advice would be to get NordVPN and then take 7 day trial to Paramount+ and ESPN+. THat wasy you get to watch it interactively where you can watch things like Amen corner all day, or watch the featured groups.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone raves about the masters app, but when I’ve tried it previously it just shows each shot, no commentary/context etc. Am I missing something?

I guess it’s a bonus not having to listen to endless droning about patrons!
Just think about that for a moment, you expect there to be a commentary on every shot of every players round??

The app is very good - seeing every players shot is awesome!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I always look forward to the Masters, overhyped for sure, but I am a sucker for that. Planning 5 bets I think, narrowed as follows (current thinking in bold):
1 Long shot from: K Bradley 175/1 or R Fox 125/1 (liked him on netflix, seems like a decent guy)
1 Mid shot from: L Aberg /W Clark /W Zalatoris - all 28/1 (if he drives well he could look like McIlroy circa 2011)
2 Short shots from B Koepka 18/1, J Rahm 12/1, S Scheffler 4/1 (no surprises!)

and the usual bet on McIlroy but not made until Friday morning - so will bet on him to make the cut (after a poor Thursday) or to miss the cut (after a decent Thursday).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just chucked a few quid down, based on not much more than wild stabs really.

Scheffler to win
Schauffele e/w
Clark e/w
Niemann e/w
Bryson e/w

I don't know why I've done Bryson, I'm sure I'll regret that almost immediately. The others should be up there. Scheffler's odds are so poor that if he wins it doesn't even cover the total I've put on across the five of them. Can't remember seeing such a strong favourite in the Masters since prime Tiger.