Updating the England Golf Platform

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having had a look at our information I am not sure how to proceed. I can't believe the data has been migrated as most fields are blank and the members records are all over the place - sadly including several who are now deceased.

Trying to get clarity from clubsystems re the migration and whether any form of reconciliation will happen automatically.

On the plus side most of the qualifying rounds are in there.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having had a look at our information I am not sure how to proceed. I can't believe the data has been migrated as most fields are blank and the members records are all over the place - sadly including several who are now deceased.

Trying to get clarity from clubsystems re the migration and whether any form of reconciliation will happen automatically.

Having similar issues and sent off a little list to EG rather than the ISV for now - looks like a few of us might be sharing info as it comes in.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Not just personal information

"For purposes of administration and analytics we may also collect information about your IP address, operating system and browser type. This allows us to analyse how members use the login area to establish patterns about website use and improve the online experience."

I have today received an e mail from the club asking for permission for my details to be passed to E.G. DofB , e mail address etc. I don't really wish for that to happen, especially as there is no way to deny permission re "third parties" on my clubs e mail.
But seems I am over a barrel. If I refuse permission I won't get a handicap index?. Is that the case? And if I don't get that, then I can't enter comps?

What are the views on this?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have today received an e mail from the club asking for permission for my details to be passed to E.G. DofB , e mail address etc. I don't really wish for that to happen, especially as there is no way to deny permission re "third parties" on my clubs e mail.
But seems I am over a barrel. If I refuse permission I won't get a handicap index?. Is that the case? And if I don't get that, then I can't enter comps?

What are the views on this?
I’m surprised that there is no third party omissions, there is on V1 and on the email I got it allowed you to refine the permission and not allow 3rd Parties

Page 1
As a valued member of this golf club, your privacy is important to us, and we want to ensure that your data is used only in the ways you authorise us to. As a club we are affiliated to England Golf and they have requested the following data to be sent to them, from our records, together with scores, in order for them to process your new WHS handicap index. Please choose below whether you are happy to send this data.

Date of Birth
Email Address

I authorise LIBBATON GOLF CLUB to pass the above information to England Golf
I do not authorise LIBBATON GOLF CLUB to pass the above information to England Golf

page two
j***0@btinternet.com

From time to time LIBBATON GOLF CLUB may choose to send you emails. We want to ensure we protect your privacy and give you the option to choose what information you receive. Please read the below and opt in where you wish to receive such emails;

Service Emails - These are messages directly connected to your membership of this club. They may include your subscription renewal notices, receipts, statements, booking confirmations, competition details and results.
If you do not wish to receive these emails, you will need to contact the club manager/secretary to have your email details removed.
Club and Group Promotions - These are emails containing club and group specific promotions (if the club is part of a group). These may include information about social nights, functions or offers to club members.
Do you consent to receive club and group promotional emails from this club?
Yes No
3rd Party Marketing - These are emails from the club containing 3rd party marketing. These may include special offers from local businesses etc.
Do you consent to receive 3rd party marketing emails from this club?
Yes No
Note - We use a third-party provider to deliver our emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve content. For more information, please see Sparkpost's privacy notice

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We are still playing qualifiers so it will be interesting to see if they update today’s and if any further adjustments are made.

I notice that scores are only take til the end of September (i guess they had to choose a cut off date to initially populate the WHS with score records) but we've already had 2 qualifiers in October and have another due on Thursday...thankfully that is it as we had the foresight to re-arrnage our calendar to give 2 clear weeks before the WHS implementation and 1 week after. Hopefully when the October scores get pushed to the WHS a few more of our players might get given Indexes as they will then have had three qualifying scores (on top of the 3 scores they submitted for handicap).

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Whereare you seeing this data? WHS site or V1 records?

Incidentally, has your V1 handicap file (and CDH) been 'cleaned' of redundant records? eg duplicates & deceased/resigned members?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Whereare you seeing this data? WHS site or V1 records?

Incidentally, has your V1 handicap file (and CDH) been 'cleaned' of redundant records? eg duplicates & deceased/resigned members?
I'm looking at the WHS Platform site.

Our v! records are clean and we passed our dataclense requests to the EG team in mid year for action. We have no pending records and no duplicates on our V1 system - although I have seen some on the WHS platform.

Mozza14

Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered before. Ordinary golf club member who refreshed my existing Account with England Golf about three weeks ago. At that time I thought ,but didn't know, how we would access our new WG Handicap records but guessed it may be via EG . The 'My Account' facility recognised me and at that time displayed my current Congu handicap, although there was no back history.

Last week that disappeared awaiting the new set up so all looked good.

Yesterday, I could go to the same (or similar location on the website and enter my CDH number and it showed the headline Handicap Index. As reported unless it holds my email and other data from my Club, I can't get at any detail.

Can anyone explain, in simple terms why they can recognise me and previously set up 'My Account' (maybe with my email address) and we now have to have our Clubs regenerate the same set of information before they 'fully 'recognise me? Why don't they ask me for the email directly and any other information?

It all seems overly complicated and ultimately frustrating when they need to launch this change in an efficient and seamless way. What am I missing?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered before. Ordinary golf club member who refreshed my existing Account with England Golf about three weeks ago. At that time I thought ,but didn't know, how we would access our new WG Handicap records but guessed it may be via EG . The 'My Account' facility recognised me and at that time displayed my current Congu handicap, although there was no back history.

Last week that disappeared awaiting the new set up so all looked good.

Yesterday, I could go to the same (or similar location on the website and enter my CDH number and it showed the headline Handicap Index. As reported unless it holds my email and other data from my Club, I can't get at any detail.

Can anyone explain, in simple terms why they can recognise me and previously set up 'My Account' (maybe with my email address) and we now have to have our Clubs regenerate the same set of information before they 'fully 'recognise me? Why don't they ask me for the email directly and any other information?

It all seems overly complicated and ultimately frustrating when they need to launch this change in an efficient and seamless way. What am I missing?

At a guess I would put it down to verification. Has your club completed all that is required to allow you to log in, if so did you go via https://www.englandgolf.org/my-account/

Mozza14

Visit site
Yes all members asked to update a relevant link so that Club V1 had authority to send data. I was really wondering, why I was previously verified by England Golf and they still can display my HI but can't display the supporting screens. What are they verifying by an email address?

I seem to have gone backwards in a process with EG not forward.