Updating the England Golf Platform

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As we are now running parallel with scores in our Club V1 system and the England Golf platform (DotGolf?) I was told we had to add updates to members details to both platforms.

When I tried I couldn't access our member information on the EG system and was told each club would get an email asking to nominate people who would have access.

Has anyone seen this yet?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have sen something that will be on IG whereby each manager has to choose the GPR policy

One option will be for individual members to agree to allowing the information that EG is insisting on to be submitted by the club.

Not sure if that is what you mean.

IG I believe has said there will not be enough time to set up parallel systems.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not really.

I understand the member information was migrated last week to the EG platform (hence the push on DoB and eMails). This will be used to generate the HIs this week. The systems will run in parallel until 1st November when the final cut-off is made.

However, if the member information changes (Club moves, new members, DoB, etc) it needs to be update on the EG system as well as the club system. To do this you need access to the EG Platform - hence my question.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really.

I understand the member information was migrated last week to the EG platform (hence the push on DoB and eMails). This will be used to generate the HIs this week. The systems will run in parallel until 1st November when the final cut-off is made.

However, if the member information changes (Club moves, new members, DoB, etc) it needs to be update on the EG system as well as the club system. To do this you need access to the EG Platform - hence my question.
Is this the CDH area?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is this the CDH area?
No, as I understand it the application used to run WHS by England golf is a New Zealand based on called DotGolf. It.s the one we had to input the course drfinitions recently but the password used to access it doesn't allow you to look at members information.

Jimbof

Visit site
Access to the platforn for clubs is intended to be made available this week. As far as I can tell, scores have been migrated up to a couple of weeks ago and there will be a final transfer just before 2nd November. Individual members should be able to get access sometime next week. There will be a verification process which is why the email address is required (one first access, a verification email will be sent to that address to activate the access).

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As I understand it, most clubs are refusing to provide member information to EG on gdpr basis. It does smack a little of wanting your info to be able to offer handicaps independently from club membership...

I don't see why they need dob and email addresses, the club has all this information. There must be a solution to this.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I understand it, most clubs are refusing to provide member information to EG on gdpr basis. It does smack a little of wanting your info to be able to offer handicaps independently from club membership...

I don't see why they need dob and email addresses, the club has all this information. There must be a solution to this.
Not all clubs keep this information. Many players haven't got email and many are unwilling to reveal their DoB. The clubs are using gdpr on behalf of those players.
EG has given a possible solution for email addresses but the technical relationship with HDID presents a problem for ClubV1 customers.

Does anyone know how Scotland, Ireland and Wales are faring?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Club sent an email over the weekend saying, "Wales Golf are now requesting that each club uploads player details to the Wales Golf Clubhouse. Our communication policy / privacy statement allows Newport Golf Club to share this information with Wales Golf for the purpose of managing members' handicaps and competitions. If any member is uncomfortable with this request by Wales Golf then please inform the office by email so your details can be withheld."

In practice, if a member objects to this, does that mean they can't have a handicap? That will be funny cos some of our old folk will kick off! Wales Golf are running webinars from this week to "train players"... I couldn't get on to the first one as it was oversubscribed. I wonder if it will be delivered in a way to engage players, or gratify the egos of administrators??

The latest from Wales Golf is here for anyone who is interested...

Key bit..

w/c 19 October 2020 – Web based Player Portal will be launched The new player portal will be launched which will allow your members direct access to their new handicap record and index that has been transitioned and will display an expected Handicap Index. Players will only be able to access their player portal if there is an email address already loaded into the Wales Golf Clubhouse System. We envisage that this early release of the new handicap indices will help to spread out the queries around the new handicaps. We would also encourage clubs to do everything possible to get members to login to the new service, so they can get comfortable with where they can find their new Handicap Index and how it’s calculated.

2 November 2020 – WHS Goes Live! There will be a final upload of scores from the current CDH database on 1 Nov to pick up any scores posted in October. When your players wake up on 2 Nov they should now have access to a live and accurate Handicap Index. We urge all clubs to do their utmost to close competitions on 1 Nov as quickly as possible otherwise scores may be missed in the transition.

So, on the face of it Wales is on track...although Dipford doesnt allow you to go to your home club if you cross a country boundary! :)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Club admins were supposed to have access from today according to England Golf....I can log in (as I've been able to do since updating my course information back in July) but there is no access to any of the links once you are in the site. So...second milestone date missed.

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Even if the clubs hold the data (which many dont) the only practical way of getting it in to the WHS system is via an automatic upload from your handicapping software. I'm not aware of clubs refusing to provide the information but there are technical issues which the ISV's have to overcome (or are trying to overcome) in order to be able to upload the data to the WHS platform. The original deadline for this part of the process was last Monday (5th)....our ISV wrote to us early last week claiming that this was a new requirement from England Golf, which they were hitherto unaware of, and they were going to try to update their software in the next week or so to allow the data to be pushed to the WHS. That was the first milestone target date missed.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really.

Just been into V1 and there is some tick boxes for Club Admins to choose (all to do with GDPR) and I suspect before that is completed nothing will happen in the dashboard as I’ve been in and apart from being able to log in there is no access to any areas.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
interestingly i noticed a subtle change of wording when you log in....

what previously said "WHS is live for England" now says... WHS will be live for England on 02 November 2020.

D

Deleted member 3432

Having had a look at some faq's this afternoon I am concerned that EG are sharing personal data with 'carefully selected third parties'.

All I want is a handicap, not my data passed around.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had an email from my club today asking to give permissions for them to send England Golf my details, which I ok' d but ticked the no box for selected 3rd parties.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having had a look at some faq's this afternoon I am concerned that EG are sharing personal data with 'carefully selected third parties'.

All I want is a handicap, not my data passed around.
Not just personal information

"For purposes of administration and analytics we may also collect information about your IP address, operating system and browser type. This allows us to analyse how members use the login area to establish patterns about website use and improve the online experience."