Unplayable ball in hedge next to massively sloping fairway

RRidges

Visit site
If I had a normal unplayable lie, paid the one shot penalty so was able to drop within 2 cl, why is it I don't have to drop a ball after the first cl and measure the second cl from where the ball rolled to assuming it was within one cl
Because, as per the rule, the relief area is 2 club lengths!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
There was that occasion at the Open where Speith was claiming an uplayable on the hill on the 13th at Royal Birkdale, didn't drop it in the tour trucks but moved to the side onto the practice ground. If it's good enough for John Paramor ...
He went 'back on a line' which got him onto the practice ground which was not out of bounds.
And then took "line of sight" relief away from the tour trucks.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got you now.
It was a different but related question.

If I had a normal unplayable lie, paid the one shot penalty so was able to drop within 2 cl, why is it I don't have to drop a ball after the first cl and measure the second cl from where the ball rolled to assuming it was within one cl
That would suggest that you could drop at 1" from the original position (ie within 1cl) and continue dropping at small intervals until 2cl or a perfect lie is achieved. And presumably in multiple directions.
Or am I misunderstanding exactly what you mean?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That would suggest that you could drop at 1" from the original position (ie within 1cl) and continue dropping at small intervals until 2cl or a perfect lie is achieved. And presumably in multiple directions.
Or am I misunderstanding exactly what you mean?

Totally lost interest now

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Got you now.
It was a different but related question.

Now you're just trolling