Unlikely Pars!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a long day today at the office.....Played our weekly Medal this morning and tee'd off at 8 a.m. to beat the society's out....Overcast and gale force wind but not rain thank god.......The wind was so strong that i was hitting at least 2 to 3 clubs more than usual against it and when it was helping i actually hit one shot with a 9 iron from 158mtrs....

Came in off the course and had some grub after the 18...There was a charity run competition team of three for the Jack and Jill foundation for sick kids so as it was open and we hadnt much on we decided to support the cause....
Now in our morning round i shot a Nett 5 over....I wasnt overly happy as the putting was gone west but i was striking the ball well...

But the most unlikely par came in the charity comp....Stood on our 12th Par 5 465mtrs.....A gale howling straight into our face....My partners hit and found the fairway with both their drives....Cue me.....Lovely practice swing and the one thought....Nice and easy into the breezy.....What do i do....Topped it and didnt even make the Ladies markers that were 15mtrs away....

Pulled the 3 wood.....Creamed this to the middle of the fairway......Pulled it again for 3 and creamed that to 60mtrs from the pin.....Hit SW to 2 ft and walked off with a par and a big grin.....

Funny ol game at times....lol

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our 7th is 400+ SI 2. Pushed tee shot right and totally blocked out. Decided to go down the 8th (shot par 3) which was clear. Hit a 7 iron onto the fairway section, pitched to six feet and holed out. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've had so many pars like that I've lost count...

Probably the most memorable was in a Medal playing out 16th - 437 yards, uphill, very slight Dogleg left. The 17th runs parallel down the right side and the fairway is about 40 yards from the right of the 16th.
Well I produced a Power-Fade - ok, ok it was a rank rotten slice and missed the 16th fairway by at least 60 yards. I was nearer the far side of the 17th...
A quick 5 wood over some trees to leave me 140 yards, a nice 8 iron to 20 feet and a single putt and I've parred SI2......
Easy game......

Next best was our 11th - 400 yards, ditch 100 yards in front of the green. I'd scuffed my driver to about 80 yards past the ladies tee.
I paced it out (pre Skycaddie) from the ladies tee and reckoned I had 265 to the middle.
Got out my 3 wood and hit a career shot, pitched just on the green and ran to about 10 feet, absolutely Pin-High. Missed the birdie by a whisker but still a par.....

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our 7th is 400+ SI 2. Pushed tee shot right and totally blocked out. Decided to go down the 8th (shot par 3) which was clear. Hit a 7 iron onto the fairway section, pitched to six feet and holed out. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

It is a stupid game, isn't it. A par "via" the 8th "fairway" which doesn't even exist.

I thinned a wedge into the 16th today. I was so annoyed I emptied all 10 balls in my bag and hit them one by one onto the green. When I got up there, the thinned one was the closest.....and I rolled it in......for a birdie

(not in the comp b.t.w.- that would be crazy....)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I up and downed my first, from the trees having played a provisional, but my fellow competitor sunk his provisional off the tee! I strolled over to the woods to allow him to take his ball out of the hole.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mid length par 4. Pulled drive that somehow found a greenkeepers path between two lots of foot high rough. Try hero shot with a low hooking 5 iron, hits only low branch on tree and drops straight into the foot high rough. Move it about 12 yards sideways into the light rough and then hole a wedge - regulation par.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
230 yard par 3.

Hit the ground about 6" behind the ball for my tee shot, dribbled off the tee about 4 yards forward.

Hit my hybrid to the back of the green.

Holed a 40 foot putt for an easy par.......

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yesterday was playing a par 5, nice drive and nice second shot (3 hybrid) third shot I pushed well right and into some trees, fourth shot I was just tiring to get out of the trees and ended up in a green side bunker. At this point I was starting to lose my rag, so walking to bunker still with 9 iron in hand and then thinned it across the green at a good rate of knots, only to see it hit the flag and drop in, which meant I walked off with 4 points and my first (and only) par of the day.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
par 3 third. hit tee shot heavy. hit the bank and rolled down into the water. ball partly submerged. thought, what the hell. sand wedge out and got it on the green. rolled in big breaking putt for a most unlikely par :)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
230 yard par 3.

Hit the ground about 6" behind the ball for my tee shot, dribbled off the tee about 4 yards forward.

Hit my hybrid to the back of the green.

Holed a 40 foot putt for an easy par.......

LOL.

Pairs matchplay final 2010. Par 3 190 yards.

Topped tee shot. 87 yards to go (skycaddie reading). Full GW (uphill) 88 yards. tap in.....

Never parred that hole since in a comp.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
will never forget this one, about 15 years ago ........ junior competition

300 yard par 4, very narrow fairway, out of bounds down the right hand side.

Tee shot, driver, fade, skirting along the out of bounds, drops out.

3 of the tee, 7 iron, 8 iron approach, holed for par

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yesterday - our 15th - 420yds uphill with pine woods on right and places you don't want to visit on the left, doglegs right to green cut into hillside with big drop off left. Playing a texas scramble and needing to use some of the higher hcp drives we went with the 160yd off the tee into the trees shot. They messed theirs up I hit my 4 iron out of the middle and 220yds later it missed the fairway and nestled next to gorse with a 40ft tree 10 yds infront of us,between us and the hole 60 yds away. I opened the face of my new wedge (J40) and hit it further up than across to 8 inches - happy days. I could never hit that shot again.

1GG_Grumps

Hacker
Visit site
Once played the par 4 seventh via the eighth. It was a dog leg left that has a stream running along the angle of the dog leg. The play from the tee is either straight up and then play across the stream or have a pop off the tee to go over the angle and stream. I went for it but pulled the tee shot left and over the conifers splitting the seventh and eighth. Tried to go over the trees to the green but clipped the very top and it then clipped the top lip of a big bunker and rolled back into it. Played an okay shot out and holed a 20 footer for an unlikely par.