United Golf Equipment

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Does anybody know much about this stuff? Had any United clubs?

It appears that they do most of their business in Korea and despite being a British company have all but given up on the UK market.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I had a couple of wedges in the past. Used to be based in Edinburgh I believe.

Very nice equipment but I'd imagine they just buy blanks and stamp them like a load of other companies do.

I would have replaced my wedges with United again, I liked them but really couldn't find what I was after so went back to Ping.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Must admit I don't actually mind these, just couldn't commit to buying a set of clubs without hitting them and can't be sure on Quality Contro / Tolerancesl etc. However they have a decent shaft in them.

united-premier-pc-01-irons

Cheaper on amazon too at only £299 and seems to be direct from PGE so not knock offs... £100 less than their website. Actually would consider buying them and taking a punt at that price just to see how they perform.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/United-PC-01-Black-Satin-Graphite/dp/B07KXZ4VZY/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=united+pc-01&qid=1565865374&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Must admit I don't actually mind these, just couldn't commit to buying a set of clubs without hitting them and can't be sure on Quality Contro / Tolerancesl etc. However they have a decent shaft in them.

united-premier-pc-01-irons

Cheaper on amazon too at only £299 and seems to be direct from PGE so not knock offs... £100 less than their website. Actually would consider buying them and taking a punt at that price just to see how they perform.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/United-PC-01-Black-Satin-Graphite/dp/B07KXZ4VZY/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=united+pc-01&qid=1565865374&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1

Are Shamada decent shafts? Never had them before.
PGE is just down the road from me, but they don't tend to like people coming in apparently.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Are Shamada decent shafts? Never had them before.
PGE is just down the road from me, but they don't tend to like people coming in apparently.

Yes, very good quality shafts and are often the off the shelf shaft found in Vega irons/wedges.

I've always found there a little soft to flex in comparison to DG and KBS this is when comparing the Shimada Tour Shaft to X100 and C Tapers and also no option for low launch / low spin that compares to the other two.

If however the shafts suits your profile, it's as good a shaft as any without paying extra to upgrade to something more bespoke.

I have a set of Vega vm-02's and would have gladly had the shimada tours but they just didn't suit me so put the x100's in those.

Last edited: