Under Armour - update on my order

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just spoke with one of their sponsored athletes at the gym and she recons that it was a legit sale but the problems occurred when the computer system was selling items that where sat in someone else's basket whilst they continued to shop and then checked out thus selling the same item multiple times. The system that usually detects and prevents this was overwhelmed and couldn't handle the volume.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I just spoke with one of their sponsored athletes at the gym and she recons that it was a legit sale but the problems occurred when the computer system was selling items that where sat in someone else's basket whilst they continued to shop and then checked out thus selling the same item multiple times. The system that usually detects and prevents this was overwhelmed and couldn't handle the volume.
I find that hard to believe.

Not that you’ve spoken to someone, or that they’ve been told that. More that if that was the case, why can we now go online and purchase the items at full price?

To me it sounds like a cop out. Imo some of those items which are in fact new season wear were never intentionally reduced that drastically.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Depends on order size tbf. I don't see anything wrong with trying to take advantage. But think people now crying over it need to get a grip.

I ordered 6 items. All of which I have in different colours and like. Don't need but at those prices worth a punt. Fully expected it to be a balls up but worth a punt for having £50 frozen in the account.

Its ok for you, my mortgage hasn't been paid, and I couldn't put diesel in my car or get the kids some food due to UA keeping my £17!!!!

I'm furious.

D

Deleted member 15344

I find that hard to believe.

Not that you’ve spoken to someone, or that they’ve been told that. More that if that was the case, why can we now go online and purchase the items at full price?

To me it sounds like a cop out. Imo some of those items which are in fact new season wear were never intentionally reduced that drastically.

This - I’m also not sure how a “sponsored athlete “ would know about the sales process

The pro shop were speaking to an UA rep and there was a sale - but the issue was the £8.80 items - lots of items were reduced down from say £40 to £25 etc for shorts or tops with £10 off etc but there clearly was a glitch with the £8.80 items which looking at Twitter etc aren’t being sent out but all the other sale items are. And as you said in an early post all the negative reviews will be because the £8.80 items aren’t being honoured , but reading through the various tweets people didn’t really expect the items to be sorted. The poor issue now is the time it’s taking to refund people and the generic emails they sent out.

UA at the end of the day aren’t really going to be harmed - people will still purchase from them and the next sale people will look for the bargains again.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
This - I’m also not sure how a “sponsored athlete “ would know about the sales process

The pro shop were speaking to an UA rep and there was a sale - but the issue was the £8.80 items - lots of items were reduced down from say £40 to £25 etc for shorts or tops with £10 off etc but there clearly was a glitch with the £8.80 items which looking at Twitter etc aren’t being sent out but all the other sale items are. And as you said in an early post all the negative reviews will be because the £8.80 items aren’t being honoured , but reading through the various tweets people didn’t really expect the items to be sorted. The poor issue now is the time it’s taking to refund people and the generic emails they sent out.

UA at the end of the day aren’t really going to be harmed - people will still purchase from them and the next sale people will look for the bargains again.

UA can sook ma plums.

I'm on an official boycott.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
This was my expectation of what happened...but unfortunately all the models, sizes and colours I ordered at a discounted price are now available, in stock, and undiscounted.

So something else happened as well.

Personally I'm not in the slightest bit concerned as I will no doubt be refunded before I've actually settled the funds involved (which are less than a round of drinks at the club anyway). How others feel is entirely up to them.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am guessing that the orders getting delivered were genuinely in the sale, and the ones that are not, were wrongly priced.

Customer service is a job I would not want. Getting abuse from irate customers all day, not for me.
I think you may be right as my items where
£30 , £15 and £5.5. I think the problem is the £8.80 items. However, the belt I baught for £5.50 is back at £40

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
🤣🤣 dear under armour, where is my free stuff. I'm going to email until you send me it.

Dear robininthehood,

Nobody got or ordered free stuff. As I and others have already stated, it's not the "sale" that has riled me. It's the shambolic response to it.

I have still not had an email saying that the order won't be processed. I have not been refunded and my order still shows as live.

How can it be so shambolic??

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Dear robininthehood,

Nobody got or ordered free stuff. As I and others have already stated, it's not the "sale" that has riled me. It's the shambolic response to it.

I have still not had an email saying that the order won't be processed. I have not been refunded and my order still shows as live.

How can it be so shambolic??
I've seen this sort of thing happen so many times. Sure they messed up and are trying to unpick it. But pretending you annoyed for any other reason than not getting dirt cheap gear is laughable.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
What would you consider reasonable?

I just want them to tell me why it's been cancelled rather than just keep saying that my order 'has not been accepted'.
I know that ......................... but just tell me why!!

Have you had the default telling you it's cancelled and awaiting refund?

Yup, I had that a few days ago, but still no refund.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've seen this sort of thing happen so many times. Sure they messed up and are trying to unpick it. But pretending you annoyed for any other reason than not getting dirt cheap gear is laughable.

Ok sunshine, you must be right.

Maybe check your grammar.