Under Armour shirt test

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a Coldblack shirt which has an oversized logo, nice smart shirt, with what appears to be stretchy panels at the back across the shoulders. Very pleased.

As for road testing it on the golf course, gonna be a while as still on crutches :(

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still haven't got mine, it'll come when it's ready. It's not t shirt weather yet anyway.
Hurrahh, mine came today a lovely grey/purple striped number. It looks really nice and the quality shines through, It'll look lovely with some black pants,white belt and black Lambda shoes when I play at Kirkbymoorside GC on the Yorkshire Golf forum away day May 2nd. I'll look the mutts nuts. Thanks all at GM and UA.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recieved mine today, got the Charged Cotton one in grey and navy with black and grey pinstripes. Firts impressions are good but I'll give it a wear on the course on saturday

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
From the moment mine arrived its done nothing but rain, I wonder if the Government should issue then across the south of England as a drought busting device?

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I received the Heatgear Catalyst shirt in a Silver/Grey with subtle blue/white pinstripe. I must admit that it does look really classy and you can tell from the ultra soft and light feel that it is a quality garment. It is very crease resistant so keeps it's shape well. I got the large and while it was a tad large for me it wasn't a baggy fit so I'd say they are true to size when worn, you shouldn't have to go up or down a size to get your perfect fit as some manufacturers do tend to over/under size their clothes Adidas being a prime example, all their clothes and shoes tend to come up smaller.
The branding on the shirt is large enough to see on the chest and behind the neck and they are embroidered very well, also a sign of quality.
I'm really looking forward to striding out on the fairways with this shirt on, especially if I go away for the day, it exudes class and really does look smart. Well done Under Armour I can see you selling these as quickly as they appear on the shelves.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have posted initial thoughts in review's, however tried mine on last night, feels great, I ordered XL which is a perfect fit so as others have said sizing is bang on. It feels quite thick but am guessing it will hold its shape well, looking forward to wearing it on the course. Thanks UA + GM

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got mine yesterday too.

Heatgear catalyst, the ones made from recycled bottles, which is the one I was really interested in, so really pleased with that.

Nice royal blue with thin white stripes. I went for small as US makes tend to come up baggy fitting and I like my girly slim fit stuff :eek:

I was pleasantly surprised by the fit... nice snug fit, rather than the billowy blouse style you see all too often on the US tour. Interesting to see the US brands moving towards what they call a European fit... ie, it fits properly rather than like a sack!

Thoughts on performance to follow if it ever stops raining. Might be wearing it over a base layer for a while if this weather holds up.

joma1108

Assistant Pro
Visit site
UA HEat Gear.jpg
Ok i received my shirt last night and this is the Catalyst Green Heatgear Version made out of the recycled plastic bottles.

I will place a full review after i have worn it on the course however first impressions
Quality of the fabric is very good.
Lightweight and soft feel

One possible downside is the style and from that i mean the colouor scheme.

to elaborate i live near Glasgow in Scotland and this shirt is very representative of one of the football teams in this area and the first comment i had from my wife was " i thought they dont let you wear football tops on the course" and to be frank this was my initial reaction when i opened the box.

I have no allegiance to either the club this is replicative of or their sworn rivals and therefore im not fussed and think apart from that west of Scotland baggage the colour scheme is quite good.

I will wear in the weekly medal on Saturday and it will be interesting as to the comments i receive particularly on the colour scheme.

I have attached a photo to show what i mean.

Thanks for the opportunity to try out this product and i am looking forward to this and sharing my views

Last edited:

EIW1219

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Recieved my Charged Cotton® PiqueStripe Polo shirt in the post yesterday. Must say it looks rather funky in the Carbon Heather / Moody colour scheme. First impressions, the quality of the cotton fabric is very good.
The collar is a very nice design and the fit is good coming up in the usual golfing sizes (slightly larger than your regular highstreet polo shirts). Arm length is not too long like some old fashioned designs which in my book is a plus.
I hope to test it out on the course this weekend. Although may still need my UA base layer or water proofs with this weather!

V5-1228496-090_HTF

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Got mine yesterday, the Cold Black shirt. Bit bland for my liking, it seems some of you got some better looking ones than me. Mine is all grey apart from a black stripe on the left shoulder, would prefer something with a little more colour to it. First impressions though are that it's very comfortable and a great fit, although unlike some of you I don't know if I like the collar on it, seems quite large and very rigid although do like the idea of buttoning it down.

Yet to wear it out on the course, to feel the effects of it I'm guessing you need to wear it when there is some sun about.....let the testing commence in July.....possibly!