Unbelievably speedy delivery!

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
My HTC One M8 decided it wanted to become a brick yesterday after I performed a normal system restart. Having completed it's transformation I was left phoneless.

It's still within warranty and I've got to chase that but given it's slightly knocked up I wouldn't be surprised they claim the fault to be down to damage caused in its 18months of hard working life.

Regardless of what I might manage down that route I decided "to hell with it" and ordered a new handset via Giffgaff having planned to move to them in 6 months anyway.

Order placed at 7.10pm yesterday evening and received an email about an hour later saying it was packed and on it's way and should be here tomorrow (today). Being in Northern Ireland I've seen this being promised before because the auto message system doesn't account for the body of water between the warehouse and me. 12:30pm today I get a call from the courier to tell me he's at my door and wanted to know what I wanted to do with it. Asked him to leave it at the neighbours and looked forward to 5pm so I could get home and check it out. Half doubted it would be the phone as I'm expecting a few things at the moment but there it was in it packaging and ready for me to play. Less than 24 hours and it's made it's way to me in little old NI.

Very impressive service. Unfortunately my cover and screen protector haven't arrived yet so I'll have to baby it for a while.