Ullesthorpe Men's Open - Friday 2nd October

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nick. How did you manage to hop the bunkers on 16 to drive the green? Well done. Don't think I've heard of an eagle on that hole before.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Nick. How did you manage to hop the bunkers on 16 to drive the green? Well done. Don't think I've heard of an eagle on that hole before.

I couldn't see from the tee but I suspect that it ran past the right side of the front bunker as it was right on the edge of the green.

Are you getting out much these days?

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I couldn't see from the tee but I suspect that it ran past the right side of the front bunker as it was right on the edge of the green.

Are you getting out much these days?

Do you think it may have nudged a tree, because the ground slopes away to the 13th doesn't it? Well done either way.

I've not been out once since the start of August Nick. I want to get back over to Ullesthorpe soonish to see the new 15th. Has the halfway house improved yet? The new couple just seemed to do Trucker cafe style grease. Not the refined stuff we were used to from Terry.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've just seen a picture of the new 15th green from across the pond. That looks cracking. I like the way the green slopes away from the bunker instead of into it. Would be some big second shot even after a huge drive if you're going for the green in two.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've just seen a picture of the new 15th green from across the pond. That looks cracking. I like the way the green slopes away from the bunker instead of into it. Would be some big second shot even after a huge drive if you're going for the green in two.

It looks even better on the course and looks to have some devilish breaks, I'm sure the low guys will have a comp to see who can eagle it first.

On another note, the work on the first and second holes may be delayed yet again. It took so long to get a newt trapping licence that they can't put the traps down now until spring and by the time traps have done their stuff, we'll be into the new season.

Not sure what will happen but I suspect that we'll have another year with the current first and second holes plus playing the newly extended 15th, which will make us a par 73 for a year.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You've got it spot on Nick. New hole comes into play in April but the work will not commence until the season is over on the 1st and 2nd. I'm going to get back up there before the year is out and I'm looking forward to seeing the 15th in the flesh.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You've got it spot on Nick. New hole comes into play in April but the work will not commence until the season is over on the 1st and 2nd. I'm going to get back up there before the year is out and I'm looking forward to seeing the 15th in the flesh.

Have you rejoined Ullesthorpe then?