wrighty1874
full_throttle
John Kavanagh
Liverpoolphil (TBC)

davemc1
GG26
Crow
Fish

Phil, have you had confirmation of whether or not you'll be able to join us mate?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Liverpoolphil will not be able to make this now so there's one place left for anybody looking for a chance to play a season end qualifier.

:putt:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've noticed a download of an entry forms for this on my phone.I haven't paid yet.Do I pay on the day? Cheers.

I've been passing all your names to the Golf Manager and he's not asked for payment so I'd say pay on the day. :thup:

(If anybody can't make it please give me plenty of notice so I'm not left in an embarrassing position.)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Last bump on this, if you'd like to play then please post on this thread (or PM me) before midnight tonight.

After that I'll have to let the club know final numbers.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You want me to drive at least 2hrs for £2 a man??? I'm not going anywhere for less than 3 :rofl:

Nah, only messing. I'm up for a little wager :thup:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Happy with that.

It will be like me entering the 2s pot in club competitions, even though I've yet to score a 2 :D

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Sounds good to me too, and how about for a little extra spice, anyone who scores less than 30 Stableford points pays £5 to the H4H fund?

(I know it's a medal comp but it will be easy to tot up the Stableford scores.)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thanks to everybody who showed up today, especially to davemc1 who made the journey down from Liverpool, hope you get back in good time!

I hope you all enjoyed the course, in spite of some dastardly pin positions for the speed of the greens.

I didn't get a chance to take everybody's score but I'll get them off the website once they're posted, all I can confirm for now is that I didn't win, another sorry showing apart from an eagle on par 4 the 16th.
I'm pretty sure that Fish had the best score with a net 75 (one shot off the prizes!), it could have been very good bar a couple of blow up holes, well played Robin.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for organising this Nick and great eagle on the 16th. It was good to meet a few of the guys from the forums. I didn't play great but enjoyed the day, although some of those greens were faster than anything I've played before.

Fair play to Dave for driving down all the way from Liverpool and hope you get back safely and Robin I hope you enjoy your day with Rick Shiels on Monday.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks for the invite, nett 81 for myself. I had lots of bad luck today, didn't enter the two sweep then put in a 12 footer for a 2 on the 12th, swiftly followed up with an 8 on the next hole.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Results are up, par is 72:

Fish = net 75
wrighty1874 = net 81
full_throttle = net 81
John Kavanagh = net 90
davemc1 = NR
GG26 = NR
Crow = NR

So a comfortable win for Fish, well played sir.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks for the invite Nick, Ullesthorpe is only 35mins away and yet I'd never played it so it was a great opportunity and at only £14.50 for an Open with lots of prizes what great value that is.

Thanks to yourself, Davemc1 and GG26 in my group for the company, there was a good mix of golf on display from everyone out there and it was unfortunate that all of you NR'd but the course was very unforgiving in parts and the greens and pin positions for anyone not played it before were extremely difficult, you just couldn't be above or to the side of the hole or any miss and it rolled right off the green again, as we all found out at times!

Shot of the day was an excellent eagle by Nick on the 16th par4 as he drove the green, it overshadowed my birdie but was great to see.

It really was a round of what could have been for me, I came out the traps flying putting a good fistful of pars together in the first 7 holes but had a blow out 9 stabs on the 478yd par4 Si3 8th, 3 off the tee after carving my drive OOB, recovered well with my next drive, strong 6i short of the green, chipped on thinking I'll take a bogey only then to 4-putt :eek:. Did something similar on the 15th hooking my drive along with Nick down the left behind some trees and then followed Nick who punched a shot down the opposite side of the fairway to then come back over the trees further down but we were both surprised with our GPS's both saying we were still 195yds away! Nick got over and I didn't and I also lost my ball, reloaded and chunked it, then got over and finished with an 8 :(

I'll definitely go back now I know my way around a bit better, especially with a couple of blowout holes and still making buffer in a medal format, enjoyed my day, thank you everyone, the GM winnings from 37 points bought me a mixed Kebab and 3 bottles of beer :thup:

Last edited:

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely day and interesting course.Thanks for the chance to play it before the imminent changes. Unfortunately due to the rather slow greens John and I 3 putted around 20 times. Would like to play it again with faster greens .We'll done Robin.

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oops, I forgot to mention what a genial host we had in our four all in Joe, the Vice captain, made the round very enjoyable and apologies for not being able to stay as we finished an hour later than expected and I had to pick my kids up from youth club.
Great finishing hole btw.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, thanks for the invite and game.

I found the course a bit of a brute, way to long for a wimpy hitter like myself. It is a cracker though with quite a few stand out holes. Also in turn, I played like an absolute dog, the recent slump shows no sign of abating. Only personal highlight was a few pars.

All playing partners played really well, nicks big hitting was a sight to behold, including an eagle 2! robins all round consistency is much better than his hc suggests and mike hit some real crackers considering the amount of time he's been playing. Well done you 3!

The journey back was a bit eventful, but I'll save that for when the pain of the pocket eases.

As for those greens.... Wrighty, you must have been underneath the hole to think they where slow!