Ullesthorpe Men's Individual Open Medal - Friday 30th September

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
As above, I'm looking to book a slot around 13.50 so space for three more in the group, anybody interested?

You'll have to put up with the "newt fence" on the first and second holes but free relief can be taken.
(The newt fence is a polythene barrier about 2 feet high that's there to prevent the great crested newts coming back before work on the first and second holes commences.)

£14.50 for visitors, handicap required.

See link below for more information about the course.
http://www.ullesthorpegolfclub.co.uk/

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I gather as handicaps are required it's a qualifier, if so, I'm interested. I'm currently building and starting a new business so late on a Friday shouldn't be an issue.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Put me down provisionally please Nick - Just need to check that I can get the day off. Want to try and improve on last year!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thought I'd give this a bump, still one place left in the fourball.

Chance for a late qualifier if you've a handicap target to hit.

Or the last chance you'll get to play the frightening first as come October it's definitely going.

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nick, I had a niggling feeling about that date and I've got to look after my eldest daughter as her school has a teacher training day on the 30th. Pity as I enjoyed the course when I played it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I won't be overly early either, got to look after Max before I leave and need to pick up my clubs & trolley from my club en route, so I will just rock up and smack it, find it, and then smack it again as few times as possible 😜🏌

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I won't be overly early either, got to look after Max before I leave and need to pick up my clubs & trolley from my club en route, so I will just rock up and smack it, find it, and then smack it again as few times as possible 😜🏌

Every day is like that for me.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thanks for coming guys and I hope that you enjoyed the afternoon.

I think it's fair to say that none of us burnt the course up, we all had our lows but hopefully offset by enough highs to make it enjoyable.

Worst hole for me was the 9th where I was the only one to find the green but then four stabbed to have the highest score on the hole.
(I wasn't the worst putter though ;))

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Many thanks for hosting us again Nick, an enjoyable afternoon even if my golf was awful. The 12 on the first set the tone for the first nine, although I began to strike it better later on. I look forward to playing again next year when I believe that the first is being shortened by 200 yards :D.

Highlight was Fish finding the hole with an approach on the 7th from over 100 yards. Struggling to think of a highlight from my round - maybe the drive on 18. One of us even managed to emulate Ernie Els on the putting green :whistle:

Thanks for being patient with my erratic play today guys, I really did hack it around for the first few holes.