Two lost balls

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Is this technically correct though?

You seem to be suggesting that it needs to be found by a member of the playing group in order to play it. So if the original ball is found by someone outwith your playing group then you cant return to play it

I'm pretty sure that's not the case
You are correct. At a pro tournament there can be lots of spectators around who could search for a ball, but less likely at club level. The ball just has to be found by anyone within 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
(I assume twaddle is a pejorative word.) [/FONT][/COLOR]

twaddle - pretentious or silly talk or writing
baloney, bilgewater, boloney, bosh, drool, humbug, tommyrot, tosh, taradiddle, tarradiddle;
hokum, meaninglessness, nonsense, nonsensicality, bunk - a message that seems to convey no meaning;
jargon, lingo, patois, argot, vernacular, slang, cant - a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"

Boloney, tosh and/or hokum would seem pretty suitable!

G

guest100718

twaddle - pretentious or silly talk or writing
baloney, bilgewater, boloney, bosh, drool, humbug, tommyrot, tosh, taradiddle, tarradiddle;
hokum, meaninglessness, nonsense, nonsensicality, bunk - a message that seems to convey no meaning;
jargon, lingo, patois, argot, vernacular, slang, cant - a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"

Boloney, tosh and/or hokum would seem pretty suitable!

I thought it pretty clear what delc was talking about

Perhaps you should look up troll.

Last edited:

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Complete and utter twaddle!!!

It's not complete and utter twaddle, although Delc's wording is certainly a little misleading, as has been discussed the act of going back to the tee is not the cause of the original ball being lost. Perhaps clarifying the comment Delc made would have been more helpful?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jesus christ. Another rules thread that was answered by the first reply and then descends into a stupid flipping argument.

Last edited by a moderator: