Trying to visit again!

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Okay, thanks you lot of misfits and bums (that will probably cost me a warning for inappropriate language!) ..thanks for the welcomes and I PROMISE not to mention the weather out here, not often anyway.

Since my last visitation I have changed my sticks from R11's to the RBZ Max irons...went to the Centre of Excellence in Germany for a full fitting and came away with new irons and Driver.

I've also reduced my handicap to 12.5..I think it was in excess of 18 when I was last here.

Oh, by the way, the sun is shining :whistle:

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No probs mate, saves you going through those outfits that arrange it for you and add 25% for doing it! My mate here runs the local golf shop and they do airport collections, arrange all the green fees the lot. I have another mate that is in the house rental business...and in fact, right next door to me is a house that I can rent out...would sleep 3 for sure, maybe 4 or 5 with an air mattress or two!!

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No probs mate, saves you going through those outfits that arrange it for you and add 25% for doing it! My mate here runs the local golf shop and they do airport collections, arrange all the green fees the lot. I have another mate that is in the house rental business...and in fact, right next door to me is a house that I can rent out...would sleep 3 for sure, maybe 4 or 5 with an air mattress or two!!

Sweet,where abouts on the Costa Blanca are you?

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cabo Roig....40 minutes south of Alicante airport and 20 minutes north of Murcia airport!

I am actually 10kms south of Torrevieja and we have some 30 courses in and around the area.

Prices for golf have just increased though, the Govt increased the VAT from 8% to 21% in one foul swoop! A decent course will now set you back 45€ or so a round, plus buggy...this all depends on whether you come high or low season. I always walk.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks again bud,my wife speaks fluent Spanish and we we both love Spain,so their is a good chance of us visiting next year,gracias!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seeing as we can criticise you, as this is your first (2nd time) post, sort that head out.

You look like a kajagoogoo fan. Surely in that heat, you need a S/B and sides. :)

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seeing as we can criticise you, as this is your first (2nd time) post, sort that head out.

You look like a kajagoogoo fan. Surely in that heat, you need a S/B and sides. :)

When you get to my age and can still grow your hair long and not go grey, then you can say things like that ;)

Also, having spent 25 years in the Queens regular Army, I've had the S/B and sides and now, I prefer the old rocker look...why? Because I CAN!:cool:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When you get to my age and can still grow your hair long and not go grey, then you can say things like that ;)

Also, having spent 25 years in the Queens regular Army, I've had the S/B and sides and now, I prefer the old rocker look...why? Because I CAN!:cool:

OK, rock it then fella.

Go the full hog and get a roryesque perm.