Trump Aberdeen April

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Great day out boys shame about that cold wind, maybe shorts were not the best idea:ROFLMAO:

Echo the other comments its a great course with a stunning layout, my main criticism of the course is still why anyone thought it was a good idea to have grain on the greens?

We did notice a fair bit of maintenance had been carried out with a lot of new turf laid. They had also replaced the Revetted fairway bunkers with these CS style waste, rough fringed affairs.

Lets try and arrange something again for this year, maybe get Cabby to get us on Loch Lomond:love:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Great day out boys shame about that cold wind, maybe shorts were not the best idea:ROFLMAO:

Echo the other comments its a great course with a stunning layout, my main criticism of the course is still why anyone thought it was a good idea to have grain on the greens?

We did notice a fair bit of maintenance had been carried out with a lot of new turf laid. They had also replaced the Revetted fairway bunkers with these CS style waste, rough fringed affairs.

Lets try and arrange something again for this year, maybe get Cabby to get us on Loch Lomond:love:

I was looking forward to a game at his second course, Blairgowrie!

D

Deleted member 17920

Have they done that to all the fairway bunkers? I seem to remember all the bunkers on the fairway on 18 were extremely brutal and unfair to me :(

If you are all doing another meet somewhere up north myself and @Captainron are always up for a road trip.

Just not April in Aberdeen :eek:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have they done that to all the fairway bunkers? I seem to remember all the bunkers on the fairway on 18 were extremely brutal and unfair to me :(

Yep, they’re all hairy now. It’s going to divide opinion, I’m not a fan because they’re already penal enough, but it seems current fashion is to have more beard than a Californian hipster.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh and two bunkers have been removed completely short front left of the green which seems fairer to us mortals. I played out of one of the now filled bunkers and was pleased to make it on the green in 4 and a chance at par. But alas 3 putts was the day’s standard.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yep, they’re all hairy now. It’s going to divide opinion, I’m not a fan because they’re already penal enough, but it seems current fashion is to have more beard than a Californian hipster.

they hadn't done a very good job on some either Jim, i skipped between the approach ones on the first and the ball ended up in a big hole between the clumps of grass, and John and I looked at one on the 18th and the whole lot just lifted away, like it had just been dumped down.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's a tremendous test and a great walk. For me having revisited it yesterday it's up there with as good as we have in Scotland.

The bunkers had sand raked up the face which always annoys me, especially when your ball.plugs in the face and then you can't get a stance as you're slipping back down the face.

The paths were better than a lot of fairways I have played off of lately.

Overall a great day until I enquired about buying a nice new head cover and was told

"that's £74.95 Sir!"

Eh naw! I'll pass thanks.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's a tremendous test and a great walk. For me having revisited it yesterday it's up there with as good as we have in Scotland.

The bunkers had sand raked up the face which always annoys me, especially when your ball.plugs in the face and then you can't get a stance as you're slipping back down the face.

The paths were better than a lot of fairways I have played off of lately.

Overall a great day until I enquired about buying a nice new head cover and was told

"that's £74.95 Sir!"

Eh naw! I'll pass thanks.

cabby was ribbing be about the leather carry bag there was there and said i should get it for my Hickorys... thought to myself that is a nice bag... maybe i will.

had a look at at the price tag oosh;) no thanks