Triple shaft question. Probably one for Ethan

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Evening guys.

I'm looking into getting a new driver and have one in particular in mind (Mizuno MP-630).

The Shafts in the driver in question are:

Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki 64 MTS (for Mizuno)

And

UST Mamiya AXIVcore Tour black

Just curious for a little feed back as to how these shafts will play as compared to my current shaft (Firmer/Softer, Higher/lower etc) which is a:

Fujikura Motore 65 (Made for Taylormade)

As a side note I have the Fubuki in my 5 wood and like the feel and flight it gives so kind of leaning towards this one. I've also reserved a Hybrid with the Fubuki shaft to try while I'm there.

I plan on hitting both prior to a final decision just curious as to opinions on these shafts.

Muchos Kudos in advance :thup:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Gareth

The Fubuki is the standard shaft in the Mizuno 630, and although a 'made for' version, is a pretty good version and plays well. It would be a mid flight shaft.

The Axivcore Black is also a good shaft, a higher launch shaft, but low spin for its launch.

UST have a virtual fitting programme, and you can check it out here: http://www.ustmamiya.com/swingfit/

The Motore in the TM is the weakest of those three, and in this case 'made for' is a big drop off from the original.
So it really depends what suits you. If you have a decent swing speed and can play, I would tend to steer clear of the TM Motore. The Fubuki is a good shaft and would probably be my personal preference. In fact, I am looking around to see if there are any bargains in 630s now that the new driver is soon coming out, and may pick one up myself.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the info Ethan.

Definatley agree as regards to he Fubuki shaft. Hitting it really well in my 5 wood just now so it seems the logical choice to add it into my driver and hybrid too.

I'm still going to hit both, just to see if there is a decernable difference in feel as well as the other factors you mentioned.

Thanks again Ethan :thup:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I bought the MP630 a few weeks ago after trying the Fubuki shaft, feels much better han the grafallo red low launch I had in the Titleist. The Fubuki feels like you can do more with it if that makes sense.

The MP630 is around £70 now Ethan, bargain!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
One further question Ethan.

With you advising that the TM Motore is probably the worse out of the 3 shafts. How would the Fubuki play against it flex wise?

I'm guessing a touch firmer?