Tried to enter score via App....Failed

nyckuk

Visit site
Had a casual round this week and thought ill give the App a try
I selected my club and the tees i would play off but when i selected create scorecard , it kept coming up with " you need to be in close proximity to your Club to create digital score card "

anyone else had this ??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a casual round this week and thought ill give the App a try
I selected my club and the tees i would play off but when i selected create scorecard , it kept coming up with " you need to be in close proximity to your Club to create digital score card "

anyone else had this ??

A few people I've played with had

It must be a glitch in signal / GPS at the time in the way the app picks it up

Round one we played

Me player a b and c all tried

Myself a b all worked fine but c got the message

C failed again at our home course

A put in another round fine at his home course with it

Monday it worked fine for me at my club

Yesterday a b and c all had the message

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine failed yesterday with exactly that problem, despite standing outside the office at the time.

In the same respect my GPS unit has trouble picking up the satellites on the first hole.

It was fortunate however as we switched courses after just one hole.

nyckuk

Visit site
Sorry one last question

I see there was a option to add who you are playing with ..If i want to enter a score via the app and my friend doesn't can that be done ??
And can you only enter people on your friends list ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry one last question

I see there was a option to add who you are playing with ..If i want to enter a score via the app and my friend doesn't can that be done ??

My understanding (from questions asked on here) is that your marker needs to have the app as well. After you have submitted the score with the name of the marker added EG sends the marker a message via the app* to get them to verify the score. When you see the entry for the card on screen it says verify when it is awaiting a response from your marker and verified once they have done it. The score is not added to your record until verified.

*I have only done it once and have not seen my marker since to confirm this is what happened.

https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/england-golf-app.108638/

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry one last question

yes, you can add a score even if your playing partner doesn’t want to. you also don’t need to score anyone else…however, as above, your playing partner must be able to verify your score, so they must have the app. You can choose any player, from any club in England…just got to search for them when selecting who is verifying.

it’s a simple notification from their side and they just press ‘approve’ for it to go through. Think I have used the app 3 or 4 times now and it’s a piece of cake. As long as you have phone signal.

shagster

Head Pro
Visit site
make sure that you have data switched on and enable location to be accessed
we had same problem with a mate, and he enabled locations, or something similar, as it wouldnt pick up where he was
fine after that
if its myEG app then the marker must have the app to verify the score

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I sign in using HDID, and enter the score with rant after my round, do I still have to enter it in ten MyEG app as well?

IF you signed in to the app the you do not need to sign in elsewhere and the score should be recorded via the app. If you signed in elsewhere you do not sign in to to the app. The systems do not 'talk' to each other.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
make sure that you have data switched on and enable location to be accessed
we had same problem with a mate, and he enabled locations, or something similar, as it wouldnt pick up where he was
fine after that
if its myEG app then the marker must have the app to verify the score

I checked with my marker today and he was just emailed with a request to verify the score.