Trevose - Headland Course

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I couldn’t find much in the way of reviews for this. Heading to Cornwall in the next few weeks, will play Newquay again but don’t want to pay £100 or so for a game at Trevose, although I’m sure it’s well worth it.
I imagine that as the Headland course is within the Trevose club it will be quite good? We’re both 20ish h’cappers.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Any chance you can go the other way and play West Cornwall? Proper good course.

Funny enough, this is one I really wanted to play. I caught the train into St Ives a couple of years back, that runs right by the course, and thought the location and course looked idyllic. But, the reviews I read weren't so great. Not that the course is poor, but that it's difficult to find your way around and lots of cross over holes? It put me off a bit.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Headland Course has a couple of decent holes, but is a poor second to the main one. But, if wanting to save the cost, you'll have fun on it.

I liked West Cornwall, but understand the comment about wearing a range bucket on your head!!

Thank you, I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as the Championship Course, but then I'm not really used to playing courses of that quality anyway. I just figured that as it's part of the same club, it's likely to have decent greens?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Funny enough, this is one I really wanted to play. I caught the train into St Ives a couple of years back, that runs right by the course, and thought the location and course looked idyllic. But, the reviews I read weren't so great. Not that the course is poor, but that it's difficult to find your way around and lots of cross over holes? It put me off a bit.
It's a bit crazy, but a lot of fun. The train line and the bay area are both fantastic.