Travel bag help

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Can anybody recommend me a travel bag for a carry/stand bag?

Is there any difference in terms of quality from a named(mizzy,ping,cally etc)bag than a john letters etc.

Cheers

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Mine is an Izzo

It has wheels all over it

When in storage is the size of a briefcase

When in use has provides a hard shell.

plent of room for other bits a pieces if the airline gives you the weight.

I once witnessed baggage handlers chuck a soft golf bag down on it's clubhead end. The guy in the departure room with me was nearly crying as it was his bag. This is why I'd alway pick a hard case.

I can't recommend this site but this is the case

http://www.golfbagplace.com/izcomtravcov.html

justhitthething

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Consider you were a thief at an airport looking to nick a set of clubs. Would you go for the Taylormade travel case or the masters one? IMO stay clear of branded bags and go for somehing inconspicuos.
I have a soft masters bag and its done me fine through over a dozen trips. At under £30 i dont mind if the bagage handlers damage the outer bag. I use iron covers, pack a towel around the top of the bag and I tie my driver to my umbrella through transit which adds stability to the shaft and stiffens the whole rig.
Also make sure you stick a big name and address label with passport number inside your carry bag.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I have the Mizuno elite and srixon bag, the mizuno is huge and well padded but too big for my needs and the Srixon one for £30 is well padded and has served me well for numerous trips.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I recently purchased a Strata bag and the handle ripped off as i was wheeling it from the car to the airport! Took it back to my helpful pro and he got it replaced with a Callaway bag,which is much better made.The new bag does retail at about £90,but it does look like it is made to last.Yopu tend to get what you pay for.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Recently picked up a TaylorMade travel bag (specially for Castle Stuart) on ebay; well under 1/2 price, virtually unmarked, looks well made and durable.

I had a look at a John Letters (the big blue one) - big enough to travel in yourself. also some of the cheapies weighed a ton.

TomEdwards18

atantalus.com

Is there any difference in terms of quality from a named(mizzy,ping,cally etc)bag than a john letters etc.

Cheers

I recently bought a Sun Mountain Club Gilder travel bag - it was quite expensive but has some great features including an extra set of fold-away wheels which makes it much easier to move around and stand up while I'm waiting at check-in. Protects the clubs really well, it's light and it folds for storage. It's great for long trips or if your travel a lot but for short golf holidays I use an Izzo. Main things I guess is the size of your golf bag, weight and the ease of carrying. Good luck.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Cheers
weight is the main thing most airlines have 15kg allowance.
I have a soft Callaway 2.5kg its excellent.

Iron covers , take heads off woods , put shafts in upside down .
wooden brush pole will stop any crashes and towel round top.

D

Deleted member 1740

This is a blast from the past, if anybody's interested I ended up buying a 2nd hand Ogio travel bag, only ever used once. In fact I don't know where I've put it.