Transporting a Tour bag abroad

SOOTY

Visit site
As above, not sure if anyone can help... I was wondering what sort of carry bag I would need to purchase for this, I currently have the Nike VR tour bag from last year and I need to transport it to Florida next year... cost with the airline is not a factor at this stage but I require an idea of what I need to purchase to transport it!

Any help apreciated

SOOTY

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I would suggest buying a carry bag instead, less hassle and most covers will fit them with ease. Probably not what you wanted to hear though.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are carry cases to transport Tour bags. Mizuno for sure do one however they are not cheap well ove a ton if I remember correctly and the cost of taking it abroad will be horrific I would imagine. Like above I would try a smaller bag if I were you.

SOOTY

Visit site
Thanks for the speedy replies. I am happy to buy something else if needs be, I just thought i could find a solution since I am not being charged by the airline anything additional for taking my tour bag over there.

When you say a carry bag, do you have a link to an example? As this has varied between what people have shown me. Surely buying another golf bag (a stand bag for eg) and something to put that in will cost more than just buying a bag for my tour bag (if you follow me).

Thanks again, good site this

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Carry bag/Stand bag;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wilson-Ul..._Sporting_Goods_Golf_Bags&hash=item2c5bbaf70b
£50 for that and it will do you to take away on holidays etc and use the tour bag when you are at home.

Tour Bag Travel case:
http://www.golfonline.co.uk/mizuno-tour-traveller-club-bag-2010-extra-large-p-6759.html
£132

I know this 1 is at the top end of the market but it gives you an idea of the costs. I have the mizuno tour travel bag but I put my stand bag in it and my dad also puts his in it as well when we travel so it is worth it for us. If I were you do a bit of searching and work out whats best for you

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A lot depends on how much you will use it as these are not cheap. I have had a Club Glove travel bag for about 10yrs and used it on average 10 trans atlantic trips a year. It still looks like it is new and to date, I have not had a club damaged.

If you get a soft bag like one of these, you will also need a piece of wood/broom handle or Club Glove Stiff arm to protect your driver/woods.

SOOTY

Visit site
Thankyou all for the excellent help, glad I joined this site. Bit wary about the standbag protection wise? The mizuno one looks a winner though! Thanks for all your help

SOOTY