TPC Sawgrass

D

Deleted member 1147

Poults not happy with the yocals, describing them as “light beer drinking ... ... ... ers”

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The irony of golf. Simpson makes a 2 on seventeen the day after he went in the water when he was on for the course record.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t believe how tough the 11th is for a handicap golfer and the pros make mincemeat of it!🤪

Surely this is all over....but Tiger is looking pretty decent

A cheeky second place would be nice.. plodding along nicely. I’m sure if his back holds up he will break sneads tour wins record but not jacks record

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
Watching a side shot of Webb Simpson putting on the 17th last night,how on earth does he get away with that putting stroke it’s stuck to the inside of his arm that must be anchored.if the shaft touches any other part of the body except the hands then it’s got to be anchored.just my thoughts.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
and Scott has returned to the long handle putter - so my 'liking' of him when he went to a normal putter was only temporary. That he is not officially 'anchoring' for me doesn't change my view that he is not swinging the golf club with his hands and arms - he is dangling it...

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
By the word brace means it’s not a free action in my book.
if you brace something it’s to stop it moving so anchors it down.

Even by fastening the grip to the forearm you're still having to freely swing the arms to make the putter move. You're not pivoting the putter from a 3rd point.
If you're saying gripping like Kooch or Simpson do is anchoring then it could be argued that simply holding the club in both hands is anchoring if you follow the logic..

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
Even by fastening the grip to the forearm you're still having to freely swing the arms to make the putter move. You're not pivoting the putter from a 3rd point.
If you're saying gripping like Kooch or Simpson do is anchoring then it could be argued that simply holding the club in both hands is anchoring if you follow the logic..
I do,I know he's not doing anything wrong.just looks suspect to me. But the rules are the rules.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They pointed out in commentary, sure they have done it before, that all of this could have been avoided if they had simply said the maximum length for a putter is 36".

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They pointed out in commentary, sure they have done it before, that all of this could have been avoided if they had simply said the maximum length for a putter is 36".
What about very tall people?
36” may be to short.

I think if it’s a major advantage everyone would do it , but they don’t!