TPC Sawgrass

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have my pennies on Stenson and DeChambeau each way, so I've been keeping an eye out for them. DeC got an eagle yesterday then cancelled it out with a double bogey on the 18th - frustrating. Early days though, and they're both under par so it's all good at the moment.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Interesting statistics for the leader

Greens in regulation........94.44%
Fairways hit....................71.43%
Driving distance...............270yds

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Leading The players is one thing but he'd have no chance in a forum meet - not giving away that much yardage

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That dosnt surprise me we played it last year it’s not overly long but you have to shape the ball off the tee both ways unless you are very straight.

Its important to be on the correct side of the fairway , some holes you can be on the fairway and have a very difficult shot as the greens are tucked away around corners.

Its a lot more tree lined than it looks on TV , joy to play but bit pricey.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sponsored by Workday? Take it it’s for that reason

It’s a new clothing sponsorship for which he’s received cash and a stake in the company, nothing to do with Workday. They’re probably trying to show off how their shirts are so durable that you can even play golf in them... just not chip as I don’t think I’ve ever seen him duff so many. They make short sleeve shirts and polos as well so expect to see him wearing them at some point.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a new clothing sponsorship for which he’s received cash and a stake in the company, nothing to do with Workday. They’re probably trying to show off how their shirts are so durable that you can even play golf in them... just not chip as I don’t think I’ve ever seen him duff so many. They make short sleeve shirts and polos as well so expect to see him wearing them at some point.
Obviously I don't know the material of the shirt, but trying to play golf in a proper shirt with the sleeves down and cuffs buttoned sounds really restrictive to me. I get that they wear whatever they're paid to, but I thought he would have drawn the line at something like that. As you say, he missed a few chips which is rare, could it be the cuffs restricting feel in his wrists?? Only he will know.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
They did mention that the material was stretchy. I think he only wears these on the first day then breaks back into his usual black or gray attire from day 2.

D

Deleted member 15344

McIlroy , Spieth , Woods amongst some big names missing the cut

There was a good discussion about the course earlier about how some players just don’t get on with the course and how you could actually move the players around to various courses

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
McIlroy , Spieth , Woods amongst some big names missing the cut

There was a good discussion about the course earlier about how some players just don’t get on with the course and how you could actually move the players around to various courses
I like the comment J C Sneed made about the course, "They ruined a perfectly good swamp"

D

Deleted member 15344

Just looked at the leaderboard and it’s fair to say that it looks like Woods is having his best round since returning - 8 Under after 12 , that’s some impressive golf

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Tiger has had a very good round today. I’m actually warming to him a bit now that he has shockers every now and again and gives decent interviews unlike he did in the day

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any chance some higher up had a word with JT and Spieth and told them both to make bogey on 18 yesterday, so that Tiger Woods would just scrape through the cut?