Tough school

Flash

Visit site
Fantastic new system. :rolleyes: Remind me what the huge issue was that this system was going to resolve? :unsure:

If a scratch player turned up at for an afternoon tee time ours knowing that he had to shoot 56 gross to have a chance in a competition I wouldn't blame him for having a moan, I'd support him.
Leaderboard should not be available until the last tee time is off. Wild rumours and popular truths also abound unfortunately.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First two Saturday comps at our place had 170 entries. Won with 40 & 41 points. Nothing out of the ordinary there and the latter was won by someone playing off of 3.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Our comps had low entries but now we’re full with members and getting 100 in comps. Previously with around 50/60 entries the prizes were 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Now there’s more it’s split by 3 divisions which is better as a low handicapper as we basically have no chance.
We had a bogey comp 2 weeks ago and someone playing off 16 won and was 10up. Noticed this weekend he played off 4. Some stupid scores around definitely but so far in division 1 it’s been ok

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our comps had low entries but now we’re full with members and getting 100 in comps. Previously with around 50/60 entries the prizes were 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Now there’s more it’s split by 3 divisions which is better as a low handicapper as we basically have no chance.
We had a bogey comp 2 weeks ago and someone playing off 16 won and was 10up. Noticed this weekend he played off 4. Some stupid scores around definitely but so far in division 1 it’s been ok
Hahaha.... 10 up in a Bogey is some scoring indeed. :eek::eek: Yes... the situation has to be 'managed' using Divisions..... its the only way. Board Comps protected by needing at least 5 Q-Comps in past 12 months.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Hahaha.... 10 up in a Bogey is some scoring indeed. :eek::eek: Yes... the situation has to be 'managed' using Divisions..... its the only way. Board Comps protected by needing at least 5 Q-Comps in past 12 months.

Completely agree, it will become a farce otherwise. Just been sent the picture below. This has to be seen to be believed. Net 37 ?

Attachments

• 2AF7EA43-DB5F-4D7A-9A05-C01A2DF308A9.jpeg
    2AF7EA43-DB5F-4D7A-9A05-C01A2DF308A9.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 30

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I once witnessed a crazy round that ended up with a stableford score of around 54. Can't remember exactly, butbit was 50+.

It was a work society day and the player had a genuine club handicap of 28. The weather was perfect, and for some reason the tees we were playing off were well forward so the course played very short.

He had 36 points after 9 holes, a hole in one and a chip in Eagle on holes with 2 shots helps the score tick along nicely.

He wasn't going to hand his card in as he was embarrassed about it. But it was one of those days where there was lots of scores were in tbe mid 40s.

I would have had to break the course record to beat him ?

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I was going to post this as well, haha. Saw it on Facebook Golf Mates. Usually I would say stop moaning but that one really is ridiculous. :LOL:

? great isn’t it. Just looked at our seniors results from today, winner with 40 points playing off 38 ?. Just hope division one stays slightly sane

MrGrumtastic

Visit site
Completely agree, it will become a farce otherwise. Just been sent the picture below. This has to be seen to be believed. Net 37 ?
We had something similar to that in a medal last weekend, with someone on top of the IG leaderboard by about 24 strokes. Turned out that he had put in his nett score into the app rather than gross! Needless to say, once the comp had been finalised, he was nowhere.