Topics for GM mental game expert to cover

Ham

Medal Winner
Visit site
Id like to see something on putting as well, for me its lack of confidence on anything inside 6 feet, having said that who practices putting as much as the long game, not too many I guess ???

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Homer if you line it up in the normal way, practicve it 6 inches over the ball, you wont hit it then, this gives you a good idea of how the actual putt is going to go.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing i would love to be covered (and i'm sure most people will too) is how to block out 'the crowd'

A group in front will let you through or you will get some one from an opposite fairway slice onto yours and then tell you to play. You get down behind the ball after your routine, and then BANG, the feeling of eyes burning a mental hole in your club head.

This then completly unsettles me and i feel like i'm throwing an anchor overboard rather than swinging at the ball.

No matter how well i'm playing the mental monster wont let me win that battle! PLEASE HELP!

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you face a tee shot and youve hit your best ever drive there say 330 yrds centre fairway.....Do I recall those moments before my next drive, or do i have to stay totally in the present forget that occasion and stay completely focussed on what i wanna do now??