Top Gear

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on this, normally find McGuiness bloody irritating but he got this one spot on. (y)

How good were some of those stunt riders? And I loved the ride past. You could really tell it really meant something to Eddie and the stunt riders.

Like you mate, I'm not a big fan of McGuiness but the tribute to Eddie was amazing. I don't get emotional over many things but my kids were asking what was wrong with me as I was wiping tears away.
Amazing tribute and bought back lots of memories of where I was/doing for lots of Eddie's rides.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched last night's episode. It is hard not to laugh at three grown men being so childish...I think it is so genuine that it's hard not to chuckle! Fred after the chilli eating contest was hilarious.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched last night's episode. It is hard not to laugh at three grown men being so childish...I think it is so genuine that it's hard not to chuckle! Fred after the chilli eating contest was hilarious.
There seems to be genuine friendship amongst them....they are good together.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
They are really a good team and good entertainment

I just wonder whether they should be on open roads using hand held microphones?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Love top gear but the days of “mr average car“ storys are gone. I really would like to see an electric car piece that is affordable. As much as it is good fun watching last nights story about £100,K worth of electric cars and rammel caravans. I cannot imagine one person relating to that story.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Love top gear but the days of “mr average car“ storys are gone. I really would like to see an electric car piece that is affordable. As much as it is good fun watching last nights story about £100,K worth of electric cars and rammel caravans. I cannot imagine one person relating to that story.

I'm not sure it ever has been "relatable" in the sense of the average car? A new Corsa-E is £26k for a basic spec. I've not even looked at 'family' cars. I'd hazard a guess that most people don't even spend £26k on a car, let alone £100k on a car/caravan combo.

It's back to its best IMO, 3 (relatively) knowledgeable presenters larking about in cars with the odd bonkers car (like yesterday's Lambo) thrown in for good measure and the nerds.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

It's a comedy show now. A very enjoyable one.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's a comedy show now. A very enjoyable one.

Agree, it's an entertainment programme now and those who moan about it are generally car people who want to see reviews and the granular detail about a motor. That's not what appeals to the majority who watch Top Gear now who want to see exotic cars and the challenges they get up to. If you want reviews with cold hard facts then YouTube is your friend.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Honestly, who would enjoy watching a review of the latest ford mondeo? It would be mind numbingly dull, as top gear was before it was re-invented about 20 odd years ago.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

Remember what is shown on film isn't always the order it happened, they're also often on temporarily closed pieces of road for filming

D

Deleted member 15344

Been also catching up on The Grand Tour and that’s still excellent viewing

The good thing is they are both coming up with original tasks and challenges

Was Crying with laughter during the RV one ??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Caqught up with episode 1 last night - brilliant TV and the Eddie Kidd tribute was absolute class as mentioned before.

Must have been tough to film parts of it, but so well done by Paddy.

Respect to Eddie Kidd - the best to ever do it!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

Most drivers are aware that it’s an offence to use a hand-held mobile phone while driving. This also applies to any “interactive communications device”, but an exemption applies for two way radios which are designed or adapted:

1. for the purpose of transmitting and receiving spoken messages; and
  2. to operate on any frequency other than 880 MHz to 915 MHz, 925 MHz to 960 MHz, 1710 MHz to 1785 MHz, 1805 MHz to 1880 MHz, 1900 MHz to 1980 MHz or 2110 MHz to 2170 MHz.
This includes CB radios as they operate within the 27 MHz band.

The exception was created because so many government organisations and private companies (for example council departments and taxi companies) use them.

Even allowing for this legal exemption, the police can still stop you if they believe your use of a two way radio is distracting you from your driving. This could result in a fixed penalty and points on your licence, or in extreme cases, even a disqualification.

In short, use your two way radio with care when driving and try to minimise the amount you have to fiddle with volume controls, transmitter and tuning buttons.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched the second half of last night's episode. The section with the teenagers joining the lads in their 40 year old cars is the most I've ever smiled watching Top Gear.
I thought for one moment Freddie was going to say “ don’t you know who I am “
Great entertainment.