Top courses UK

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which of those clubs are as you describe?

Well, it seems some people are missing a sense of humour. Cravats are not required any more (although they were an acceptable alternative to a tie for the gents' bar not that long ago), but there are definitely still clubs in the top 100 that require long white socks if wearing shorts. RSG, for one.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well, it seems some people are missing a sense of humour. Cravats are not required any more (although they were an acceptable alternative to a tie for the gents' bar not that long ago), but there are definitely still clubs in the top 100 that require long white socks if wearing shorts. RSG, for one.

Perhaps if your post had been funny. ?

Easy answer to avoiding the (admittedly stupid) long socks is to wear trousers if you want to play the course.

Now off to check RSG dress code...
Right enough, long socks required. ???

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps if your post had been funny. ?

Easy answer to avoiding the (admittedly stupid) long socks is to wear trousers if you want to play the course.

Now off to check RSG dress code...
Right enough, long socks required. ???

When I first moved down south in the late 90s, I looked at a relatively typical golf club near where I rented a house. On the door of the bar was a sign saying 'After 7pm, gentlemen should wear a jacket and tie, or cravat'. I said to the (female) secretary, 'Oh dear, all my cravats are at the dry cleaner. Is that going to be an issue?' 'I wouldn't worry about it, most of those guys are dying off' she replied.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
When I first moved down south in the late 90s, I looked at a relatively typical golf club near where I rented a house. On the door of the bar was a sign saying 'After 7pm, gentlemen should wear a jacket and tie, or cravat'. I said to the (female) secretary, 'Oh dear, all my cravats are at the dry cleaner. Is that going to be an issue?' 'I wouldn't worry about it, most of those guys are dying off' she replied.
Why does the thought of old fuddys in a jacket and tie/cravat but naked from the waist down (save, perhaps, long white socks) spring to mind?:eek::ROFLMAO:

Zig

Visit site
How much was the old course bundle do you do your own bookings or use the likes of YGT?
Have played the Old Course a few times; 3 times via the ballot, the other on the winter package, direct through St Andrews links (Old+Another with requirement to stay at local accommodation). (y)