Top 25 Parkland Courses

D

Deleted member 15344

Disley
Pike Fold
Vale Royal Abbey
Skipton
Northcliffe (Shipley)

PS ...I've played Little Aston and Bearwood and they don't get in my top five.

I'd love a game at Lancaster.......and Preston (will be playing next year). These are supposed to be good.

Those 5 courses must be stunners if they are better than Bearwood and Little Aston

Woburn Marquess is a goat track, built in a swamp.

Cannot understand why it is so highly thought of. Just a poor example of a modern stadium course. By far the worst course on the property.

Agree - it is the worst there

D

Deleted member 1147

Cannot understand why it is so highly thought of. Just a poor example of a modern stadium course. By far the worst course on the property.
I’ve not played the Dukes, but I enjoyed the Marquess much more than the Duchess.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

Don’t be ridiculous. It’s an exceptional golf course.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
That's the first adverse remark I've ever heard about the Marquis Course........ I think that's a belter!
Dunchess is great but you need to walk down the fairway in single file! Duke's is excellent too.

and interested that Bearwood and Little Aston ranked lower than 5 courses I've never heard of (but not a part of the country I've been to much)

But hey, highly subjective conversation

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bearwood
Loch Lomond
Remedy Oak - heard it has improved since my only visit
Dukes - with a caveat that it needs a serious dose of chainsaw in the middle section
Queenwood
Coombe Hill
Marquess
Sandiway
Wisley
Kings Lynn
The Grove
Centurion
Calcot
West Surrey
Cuddington
The Oxfordshire

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Bearwood
Loch Lomond
Dukes - with a caveat that it needs a serious dose of chainsaw in the middle section
Queenwood
Coombe Hill
Marquess
Sandiway
Wisley
Kings Lynn
The Grove
Centurion
Calcot
West Surrey
Cuddington
The Oxfordshire

Quite an exhaustive list that.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's the first adverse remark I've ever heard about the Marquis Course........ I think that's a belter!
Dunchess is great but you need to walk down the fairway in single file! Duke's is excellent too.

and interested that Bearwood and Little Aston ranked lower than 5 courses I've never heard of (but not a part of the country I've been to much)

But hey, highly subjective conversation

The Duchess isn’t actually that tight - for me it’s more perception than reality , loads of space from each tee , maybe it’s the trees making everything seem smaller

For me the Marquess is the poorer of the three - all the par 3’s are dull , couple of the par 5’s are a slog , it has a few stand out holes but the drainage is poor , gets far too much traffic.

The Dukes is the prettier of the three , lots more character , not a slog , some great par 3’s with the 3rd being one of the best Parkland par 3’s.

The Duchess for me is the best - it’s a great test of golf , not just a bombers course and the greens are superb

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I left out Gleneagles as i don't really see it as parkland - not sure how to categorize it but kings would be in the top 2 if it was included. Ryder cup course nearer number 10. Not played Queens

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Whilst I agree that Parkland is the least exhilarating out of the three categories, there are still some very nice and enjoyable parkland courses out there and I am sure that you have enjoyed a few?
One less fan of parkland leaves more empty tee times for those who like them. Everyone wins.
fill your boots

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Bearwood
Loch Lomond
Queenwood
Coombe Hill
Marquess
Sandiway
Wisley
Kings Lynn
The Grove
Centurion
Calcot
West Surrey
Cuddington
The Oxfordshire